Some people are going to be bemused that such a thing even needs to exist. But as Marvel and DC move their superhero comic books to be suitable for a teenage market and older, with their kids line intended to sell in bookstores rather than comic stores, the local comic shop has become a relatively kid unfriendly place. All these colourful comics on the walls around them that they are not allowed to read…
Well, The Beguiling, one of the most critically acclaimed comic stores in the world, is about to change that. Based in Toronto, Canada, it is to open a second store, with a look and feel that’s very different indeed.
Little Island Comics will open tomorrow, with a grand opening in a few weeks time. It is the first comic shop aimed entirely at children, and will host readings with children’s comic and book authors and artist from across the world.
- Where To Get Your Copy Of RESIST!, The Anti-Trump, Pro-Female Comic Published For The Inauguration - January 17, 2017
- John Layman And Sam Kieth Create Eleanor & The Egret From AfterShock Comics - January 17, 2017
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017