Some people are going to be bemused that such a thing even needs to exist. But as Marvel and DC move their superhero comic books to be suitable for a teenage market and older, with their kids line intended to sell in bookstores rather than comic stores, the local comic shop has become a relatively kid unfriendly place. All these colourful comics on the walls around them that they are not allowed to read…
Well, The Beguiling, one of the most critically acclaimed comic stores in the world, is about to change that. Based in Toronto, Canada, it is to open a second store, with a look and feel that’s very different indeed.
Little Island Comics will open tomorrow, with a grand opening in a few weeks time. It is the first comic shop aimed entirely at children, and will host readings with children’s comic and book authors and artist from across the world.
- Extended Preview of Axis & Atlas #1, the New Titan Comic That’s “a Cross Between Asterix and Bone” - December 15, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: Getting Rid of the Dead Shoplifters Before the Secret Shopper Arrives - December 15, 2017
- Sir Derek Jacobi to Play the Voice of God in Good Omens TV Series - December 15, 2017
- Marvel Comics Asks Retailers to Hold on to Ed Piskor’s Corner Box - December 15, 2017
- Tales of Tomorrow: Bringing Comics, Cosplay, and Coffee to the Four Corners - December 15, 2017