Some people are going to be bemused that such a thing even needs to exist. But as Marvel and DC move their superhero comic books to be suitable for a teenage market and older, with their kids line intended to sell in bookstores rather than comic stores, the local comic shop has become a relatively kid unfriendly place. All these colourful comics on the walls around them that they are not allowed to read…
Well, The Beguiling, one of the most critically acclaimed comic stores in the world, is about to change that. Based in Toronto, Canada, it is to open a second store, with a look and feel that’s very different indeed.
Little Island Comics will open tomorrow, with a grand opening in a few weeks time. It is the first comic shop aimed entirely at children, and will host readings with children’s comic and book authors and artist from across the world.
- Talking With Skottie Young: “I Think It’s Amazing I’m Known At All” - September 25, 2017
- Jody Houser Puts The “Rebel” Line Back Into Star Wars: Rogue One - September 25, 2017
- Mark Waid On Death Threats, Harassment, And Current Discourse In Comic Books - September 25, 2017
- Who Returns In Marvel Legacy #1, Revealed (MAJOR SPOILERS UPDATE) - September 25, 2017
- The BBC Asks – What If Alan Moore Or John Wagner Wrote Fred Basset? - September 25, 2017