Some people are going to be bemused that such a thing even needs to exist. But as Marvel and DC move their superhero comic books to be suitable for a teenage market and older, with their kids line intended to sell in bookstores rather than comic stores, the local comic shop has become a relatively kid unfriendly place. All these colourful comics on the walls around them that they are not allowed to read…
Well, The Beguiling, one of the most critically acclaimed comic stores in the world, is about to change that. Based in Toronto, Canada, it is to open a second store, with a look and feel that’s very different indeed.
Little Island Comics will open tomorrow, with a grand opening in a few weeks time. It is the first comic shop aimed entirely at children, and will host readings with children’s comic and book authors and artist from across the world.
- C.B. Cebulski Recommends Comic Book Artists Use Their Real Name - January 16, 2018
- Jackie Ormes and Carol Kalish Inducted into Eisner Hall Of Fame for 2018, 16 More Nominated - January 16, 2018
- Frank Cho Moves to Watercolours for Harley Quinn Covers - January 16, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes- with Edgar Salazar, Grant Morrison, Howard Porter and Jorge Jiminez - January 15, 2018
- Jamie Hewlett Draws BBC Radio 4 Front Row’s Stig Abel - January 15, 2018