Some people are going to be bemused that such a thing even needs to exist. But as Marvel and DC move their superhero comic books to be suitable for a teenage market and older, with their kids line intended to sell in bookstores rather than comic stores, the local comic shop has become a relatively kid unfriendly place. All these colourful comics on the walls around them that they are not allowed to read…
Well, The Beguiling, one of the most critically acclaimed comic stores in the world, is about to change that. Based in Toronto, Canada, it is to open a second store, with a look and feel that’s very different indeed.
Little Island Comics will open tomorrow, with a grand opening in a few weeks time. It is the first comic shop aimed entirely at children, and will host readings with children’s comic and book authors and artist from across the world.
- How Someone Who Had Never Read A Comic Book In Their Life Became A Graphic Novelist - May 28, 2017
- The Cosplay Of Phoenix Comicon 2017 In 150 Shots - May 28, 2017
- Warsaw Withdraws Comics Festival Funding After Publisher Gives Out Book Mocking Polish Nationalism - May 28, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – May 28th, 2017 – World’s Greatest Detective Comics - May 28, 2017
- Will Marvel Comics Succumb To Warren Ellis’ Nazi Pitch? - May 28, 2017