Was it that long ago that Jamie McKelvie was a member of the Warren Ellis Forum, and later its successor The V, where he teamed up with fellow board member KIeron Gillen? I just remember long nights with the pair of them and a bunch of other reprobates at The Ship on Wardour Street as they hatched what would become Phonogram.
Both ensconsed at Marvel now, Kieron has stepped up to be the main X-Men writer. And Jamie McKelvie? Well according to this tweet
Think this script of @warrenellis is making me go blind.
He’s working on a comic by Warren Ellis. And a quick and cheery “no comment” from Marvel if nothing else lends one to presume that whatever it is, it may be coming from them.
I do love it when friends work with friends.
Update: Warren mentioned Jamie was working with him on a secret project the other day when embedding his Art Brut cover. I saw the cover… and I didn’t read the little bit at the bottom. Still good news.
- Marvel September 2018 Solicits Launch Return Of Wolverine, Franklin Richards, Thanos Legacy, Asgardians and Iceman - June 19, 2018
- Full Image Comics September 2018 Solicitations – Launching Bully Wars, Man-Eaters, MCMLXXV, Burnouts, Cemetery Beach and OGNs Green Monk, HCHOM, Me The People and My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies - June 19, 2018
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Twist Was Not Marc Guggenheim’s Idea (SPOILERS) - June 19, 2018
- Exclusive: Gallery 13 Grab Stephen King’s The Dark Tower Graphic Novel Rights from Marvel - June 19, 2018
- Marvel, DC and Others Persuade Comic Stores to Put Spinner Racks in Other Businesses - June 19, 2018