Savage Sword of Conan #11 is in stores from Marvel Comics this week, by the legendary Roy Thomas and equally legendary Alan Davis, along with potentially one-day legendary Cam Smith, Chris Sotomayor, and Travis Lanham. We’ve got a preview below which finally answers the question: I am Groot?!
In this story, Conan has gound himself a captive of the Afghull hillmen following a failed coup attempt.
They’be got him tied to a tree, so that’s got to be the end of our heroic barbarian, right? Well…
As it turns out, Conan is about to do his best Groot impression, as he rips the tree in half and frees himself… sort of.
It turns out Conan is just as deadly with tree arms as without. Perhaps even more so.
Is this all just a precursor to Conan joining the Guardians of the Galaxy?
Savage Sword of Conan #11 hits stores on Wednesday.
SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN #11
(W) Roy Thomas (A) Alan Davis (CA) Marco Checchetto
BARBARIAN ACTION AND INTRIGUE BY ROY THOMAS & ALAN DAVIS!
• CONAN’s latest job has gone awry, as he finds himself at the mercy of the Afghuli hillmen!
• But even this is nothing compared to the threat hovering in the hidden mountain cave that SERRA hired him to find!
• If they can escape the creatures, can they save the treasure?
• What secret is ZUBAIR hiding and what is Serra REALLY after?
• Plus: the penultimate chapter in the all-new novella “THE SHADOW OF VENGEANCE”!
In Shops: Nov 13, 2019