Coming off an understandably muted presence at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC), DC Universe‘s live-action Titans series still found a way to excite their fans with an official premiere date (September 6) as well as a look at some season 2 footage that had eyeballs bursting. Since that time, they’ve added Genevieve Angelson (Good Girl Revolt) to the cast as Dr. Eve Watson, a research doctor with conflicted feelings about her work at Cadmus Laboratories. You know, that place last season where a certain “boy-who-is-super” and his dog were being kept (emphasis on the past tense).
Now with less than three weeks to go before the series’ return, viewers are getting a look at the season’s official poster and banner (above and below). Three biggest takeaways from what we’re seeing? First, we’re all about the black-n-red Superboy shirt being in play. Second thing is that this season is going to be crowded when you consider the poster and banner aren’t including everyone (see below).
But the last one’s important: no, Deathstroke does not have a unicorn horn on top of his helmet in the poster below – but it damn well does look like it.
Though that would be adorable… and once you see it? You can’t unsee it…
Earlier this month, the streaming service gave fans a fresh look at the second season with a first-look teaser that had everything fans were expecting: from an older Bruce Wayne to Aqualad and Wonder Girl in full costume… and let’s not forget Deathstroke. On Thursday, DC Comics added a little something extra to the teaser, and that “something extra” is none other than a recap of the first season – followed by the season 2 teaser (which we’ve already watched four times):
We think it’s safe to say that the following ominous Instagram post is a sign of “Red Hood-ish” things to come…
Here’s a Look at DC Universe’s “Titans” Season 2…
● After decades of fighting crime as Batman, Iain Glen‘s (Game of Thrones) billionaire Bruce Wayne is just as driven to protect Gotham from evil as he was in his prime. Needing to reconcile his relationship with Dick Grayson, the duo hope to forge a new dynamic as Bruce tries to help his former sidekick and the Titans achieve success.
● Esai Morales’ (Ozark) Slade Wilson is known for being DC’s deadliest assassin. While serving his country, Slade became an elite soldier before government testing enhanced his physiology to near superhuman levels, putting him on a path of darkness and revenge. To his family, Slade is a father and husband, but to the rest of the world, he is feared by many as the infamous Deathstroke; selling his services to the highest bidder as the ruthless assassin that never gives up and never misses.
● Daughter of the deadly assassin Deathstroke, Chelsea T. Zhang‘s (Andi Mack) Rose Wilson was forced to undergo the same procedure that granted her father nearly superhuman abilities, becoming a weapon known as Ravager. Ever resentful, she seeks out the Titans not only for their protection but to get back at her father. Knowing how dangerous it is to be the offspring of their deadliest foe, the Titans take her in but that doesn’t necessarily mean they trust her.
● Mute after his father failed to rescue him from having his vocal cords severed by assassins, Chella Man‘s (YouTube influencer/activist) Jericho has the unique ability to possess anyone just by making eye contact.
● Joshua Orpin’s (The Blake Mysteries: Ghost Stories) Conner Kent/Superboy is the angsty teenager of steel searching for purpose and the truth about his past. While looking for answers, he crashes into the world of the Titans where he finds an unlikely home and surrogate family as well as revelations that carry more complications than he ever bargained for.
● Natalie Gumede‘s (Doctor Who Christmas Special, Jekyll & Hyde) Mercy Graves is the ruthless, cunning, right hand and bodyguard to the notorious Lex Luthor – serving her boss with unquestioned loyalty. Her connection to the Luthors runs deep, as Mercy has been a friend of the family and in Lex’s life since they were young.
● Drew Van Acker‘s (Pretty Little Liars) Aqualad was born to the royal court of Atlantis and trained by Aquaman to protect life both on land and in the oceans. Garth looks to step out from the shadow of his mentor to become his own hero as a Titan, along with many other former sidekicks.
DC Universe’s Titans stars Brenton Thwaites (Richard “Dick” Grayson / Robin), Anna Diop (Koriand’r / Kory Anders / Starfire), Teagan Croft (Rachel Roth / Raven), Ryan Potter (Garfield “Gar” Logan / Beast Boy), Minka Kelly (Dawn Granger / Dove), Alan Ritchson (Hank Hall / Hawk), Curran Walters (Jason Todd / Robin), and Conor Leslie (Donna Troy / Wonder Girl).