We got a little bit of intrigue this week from Microsoft in terms of the next Xbox console as they now have a pair of code names going for them. According to Windows Central, the two nicknames the internal staff at Microsoft have given a pair of next-gen Xbox consoles are “Anaconda” and “Lockhart”. The word is that they are working on a family of consoles, but to what end is unknown. If they were just making the same console with different specs and memory, there wouldn’t be multiple versions, it would just be different levels of capability (like the S and X models). Could it be a step to making a device that only does downloaded content? Or perhaps Microsoft is taking a leap into the world of handheld consoles after the success of the Switch?
We probably won’t know for sure until the company rolls into E3 at the Microsoft theater with some updates about what’s on the horizon. If you believe the theories by WC, the Lockhart will be an affordable SKU while the Anaconda will be a more powerful and expensive cutting-edge system, both slated for the 2020 holiday season. But that’s speculation at best from sources that can’t be confirmed by anyone else at the moment. If that is what they intend to do… it seems like the Anaconda, even if it would be more expensive, would be the way to go.
- Square Enix Confirms Life is Strange 2 - Episode 2 Release Date
- Nintendo Boasts the Switch Being This Generation's Fastest Selling Console
- Polish Analysts Expect a Q4 2019 Release for Cyberpunk 2077
- Crash Team Racing May See a Delay for Nintendo Switch
- Sora Prepares for the Final Battle in Latest Kingdom Hearts III Trailer