In DC Comics January 2019 solicitations, comic book retailers are treated to the promise of the best Superman story Marv Wolfman has ever written in Superman 100-Page Super-Spectacular #1. And this one won’t be in Walmart, folks. Dennis Barger Jr. should be pleased.
Originally planned for Superman Confidential a decade ago, the story, with art by Claudio Castellini, never saw print due to the book’s cancellation. But now it’s here, and only in comic shops. Is this DC’s way of saying “we’re sorry?”
Walmart gets Bendis. Retailers get Marv Wolfman. Who got the better deal? Let us know in the comments.
SUPERMAN 100-PAGE SUPER-SPECTACULAR #1
written by MARV WOLFMAN
art and cover by CLAUDIO CASTELLINI
“This is the best Superman story I’ve ever written.” So says living legend Marv Wolfman, and when you’ve written hundreds of Superman stories as he has, it means a great deal. This gem of a tale—written and drawn from 2006-2009 for the SUPERMAN CONFIDENTIAL series—explodes from the DC archives as a triumphant tale of Clark Kent’s fateful first days in Metropolis, which were far from easy. His early failures almost ensured there would never be a hero called Superman. Powerful writing and stunning art combine to conjure an inspiring story that needed to be published, one you will never forget, from a pair of master storytellers.
ONE-SHOT | PRESTIGE FORMAT
ON SALE 01.30.19
$9.99 US | 96 PAGES
FC | RATED T
- New OGN Grand Abyss Hotel Explores Rebellion in a World Overrun by Big Business and Fake News - November 21, 2018
- Captain Lars Stars in “Epic, Mind-Bending Adventure” for February’s Steven Universe #25 - November 20, 2018
- 2 Covers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1 and #2 by Jen Bartel and Ryan Inzana - November 20, 2018
- Because U Demanded It: David Manak and Warren Kremer’s Ewoks Collected in February - November 20, 2018
- Chris Claremont’s Early Iron Fist Work Collected in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Complete Collection - November 20, 2018