At the New York Comic Con X-Men panel Sunday, the rising star writing duo of Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler had a bold proclamation for X-men fans: they’re going to ruin Apocalypse.
The pair are writing an Apocalypse backup story in this month’s X-Men Black one-shots, which started in last week’s bestselling X-Men Black: Magneto. The story sees Apocalypse lose his mutant powers and become what he fears most: a human!
“We’re going to ruin this character for a lot of you,” said Thompson at the panel.
“He’s just so evil that its hard to make you like him, so we didn’t do that,” said Nadler.
The X-offices didn’t stop there, however, with X-Editor Jordan White threatening to literally transform into a supervillain himself, saying of spineless interdimensional capitalist Mojo: “Some day, I’m sure, I will grow into him.”
Stay tuned for more breaking news like this live from New York Comic Con, with Bleeding Cool’s Madeline Ricchiuto sending us updates from the floor.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018