We’ve seen the teaser poster for Age of X-Men, coming to Uncanny X-Men after the first weekly X-Men Disassembled arc. We’ve learned of the Age of X-Man Alpha one-shot by Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler, and Ramon Rosanas coming in January to kick it all off. And all the while, we’ve assumed this is about Nate Grey, even if holding out a little hope that it could somehow be twisted into the return of Cyclops, who was, as Bleeding Cool Rumourmonger-in-Chief Rich Johnston pointed out, the first X-Man, after all.
But alas, it’s Nate Grey after all, as revealed by Thompson and Nadler at the X-Men panel at New York Comic Con. “We’re bringing Nate Grey back in a big way.” They pitched the return last year and were told it wasn’t happening, “but here we are.”
So there you have it. Age of X-Men is Nate Grey coming back “in a big way.” But they didn’t specifically say Cyclops would not return, so… we’re still holding out hope.
Speaking of the verified most popular X-Man ever, panel attendees asking questions during the panel were encouraged to name their favorite X-Men villain, so of course one named Scott Summers himself, eliciting the reaction you’d expect, X-fans.
“Good luck walking out of here,” warned Marvel’s Jordan White. Bleeding Cool’s Madeline Ricchiuto was at the panel sending us live updates.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018