We’ve seen the teaser poster for Age of X-Men, coming to Uncanny X-Men after the first weekly X-Men Disassembled arc. We’ve learned of the Age of X-Man Alpha one-shot by Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler, and Ramon Rosanas coming in January to kick it all off. And all the while, we’ve assumed this is about Nate Grey, even if holding out a little hope that it could somehow be twisted into the return of Cyclops, who was, as Bleeding Cool Rumourmonger-in-Chief Rich Johnston pointed out, the first X-Man, after all.
But alas, it’s Nate Grey after all, as revealed by Thompson and Nadler at the X-Men panel at New York Comic Con. “We’re bringing Nate Grey back in a big way.” They pitched the return last year and were told it wasn’t happening, “but here we are.”
So there you have it. Age of X-Men is Nate Grey coming back “in a big way.” But they didn’t specifically say Cyclops would not return, so… we’re still holding out hope.
Speaking of the verified most popular X-Man ever, panel attendees asking questions during the panel were encouraged to name their favorite X-Men villain, so of course one named Scott Summers himself, eliciting the reaction you’d expect, X-fans.
“Good luck walking out of here,” warned Marvel’s Jordan White. Bleeding Cool’s Madeline Ricchiuto was at the panel sending us live updates.
- Mark Bagley and Chip Zdarsky Launch a Mini-Series Where Spider-Man Ages in Real Time - December 12, 2018
- That Time Bruce Wayne Teamed Up With Donald Trump… In Real Life?! - December 12, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Secret Empire Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About What Wolverine Was Best At Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Uncle Ben’s Death Was Wrong - December 11, 2018