The time between #1 issue relaunches is growing shorter and shorter at Marvel Comics. Once upon a time, titles could run for hundreds of issues before Marvel needed to reboot them with a new #1 to spike sales. Nowadays, it feels like 18 issues before a reboot is about the norm. But in the case of Cloak & Dagger, the number has alarmingly decreased to just six issues. Sure, the book was technically listed as a mini-series… but let’s not be pedantic about it, okay?
Announced at the True Believers panel at New York Comic Con, according to True Believers Newsarama, Cloak & Dagger will relaunch as Cloak & Dagger: Negative Exposure in November. The series, available on digital comics platforms as part of Marvel’s Digital Originals program, will still be written by Dennis Hopeless. Ruairí Coleman will draw the first two issues, he announced on Twitter.
It's official: I'm drawing Cloak & Dagger at Marvel!
I'll be taking on art duties for 2 issues of the next arc, written by the awesome @HopelessDent.
Issue 1 is out in November, I can't wait to share some artwork with you!https://t.co/KyBStXKCjx
— Ruairí Coleman (@ruairicoleman) October 6, 2018
Hopefully, the book won’t be rebooted again immediately after that. Newsarama did say Francesco Mann will be providing art for the book.
Cloak & Dagger #6 (of 6) hits digital comics platforms on November 7. After that, the new number one, and nothing will ever be the same again!!!
- X-Men, or X-Millennials? Plus: The Triumphant Return of Chris Claremont [X-ual Healing 12-5-18] - December 9, 2018
- Honey Badger Shuts Down Male Aggression in Next Week’s X-23 #7 - December 9, 2018
- Startling Facts About Fish Pee Revealed in Next Week’s Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #39 - December 9, 2018
- Proxima Midnight’s Tips for a Happy and Healthy Sex Life in Next Week’s Black Order #2 - December 9, 2018
- Mary Plans to Reboot the Bible in Next Week’s Typhoid Fever: Iron Fist - December 9, 2018