The time between #1 issue relaunches is growing shorter and shorter at Marvel Comics. Once upon a time, titles could run for hundreds of issues before Marvel needed to reboot them with a new #1 to spike sales. Nowadays, it feels like 18 issues before a reboot is about the norm. But in the case of Cloak & Dagger, the number has alarmingly decreased to just six issues. Sure, the book was technically listed as a mini-series… but let’s not be pedantic about it, okay?
Announced at the True Believers panel at New York Comic Con, according to True Believers Newsarama, Cloak & Dagger will relaunch as Cloak & Dagger: Negative Exposure in November. The series, available on digital comics platforms as part of Marvel’s Digital Originals program, will still be written by Dennis Hopeless. Ruairí Coleman will draw the first two issues, he announced on Twitter.
It's official: I'm drawing Cloak & Dagger at Marvel!
I'll be taking on art duties for 2 issues of the next arc, written by the awesome @HopelessDent.
Issue 1 is out in November, I can't wait to share some artwork with you!https://t.co/KyBStXKCjx
— Ruairí Coleman (@ruairicoleman) October 6, 2018
Hopefully, the book won’t be rebooted again immediately after that. Newsarama did say Francesco Mann will be providing art for the book.
Cloak & Dagger #6 (of 6) hits digital comics platforms on November 7. After that, the new number one, and nothing will ever be the same again!!!
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018
- Stealth Crossover? Domino and Mr. and Mrs. X Both Visit the Mojoverse in January - October 16, 2018