At the Next Big Thing Panel at New York Comic Con Saturday, Marvel announced a follow-up to Avengers: No Surrender, the weekly Marvel Legacy event that led into the current relaunched Avengers series which is just hitting its tenth issue next month. Well, nothing lasts forever, and it looks like that title could be seeing a reboot again come February, when Mark Waid, Jim Zub, Al Ewing, Paco “Funky Cold” Medina, and Sean Izaakse bring us Avengers: No Road Home.
It wasn’t clear whether the weekly series would replace the ongoing Avengers book or run alongside it, but attendees were promised a surprise return of a character, “like Hulk in Avengers: No Surrender,” reports Bleeding Cool’s Madeline Ricchiuto from the convention.
“There’s a huge bomb that goes off in the middle of this that will affect the whole Marvel Universe,” Marvel Executive Tom Breevort claimed at the panel. Will it rock the Marvel Universe to its foundations? We’ll find out in February.
- Batman Interrogates Bruce Wayne in Wednesday’s Batman #61 - December 17, 2018
- A New Origin for Aquaman in DeConnick and Rocha’s Aquaman #43? - December 17, 2018
- Like a Millennial, Marvel’s Jordan White Ghosts on #XMenMonday - December 17, 2018
- Exiles No More! Series to End with January’s Exiles #12 - December 17, 2018
- TMNT FCBD Solicit Reveals Details on Turtles’ 100th Issue Plans, Teases Possible Death - December 17, 2018