The solicitation for December’s Spectacular Spider-Man promises “the end of the road for Peter Parker,” but is it also the end of the road for the series as well? Back in August, when we learned that Chip Zdarsky was leaving the title, we speculated this could be the case. Also last month, when Marvel’s solicitations led us to believe that Daredevil could be headed for a reboot, for various reasons, one of which was the fact that Daredevil was one of two ongoing series still adhering to Marvel’s Legacy numbering. Last week, Marvel seemed to confirm this Daredevil speculation with a Bill Sienkiewicz teaser.
The other Marvel title still using Marvel Legacy numbers? You guessed it: Spectacular Spider-Man. And we speculated that that title was probably holding on until Spider-Geddon wraps up. Well, Spider-Geddon wraps up in December, and here’s the solicitation for Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #313.
Is this the end? Or will we get a reboot? Perhaps we’ll learn more at New York Comic-Con.
PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #313
SEAN RYAN (W) • JUAN FRIGERI (A)
Cover by JEFF DEKAL
ANIMATION VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
A SPIDER-GEDDON TIE-IN!
• It’s the end of the road for Peter Parker.
• Morlun has returned and Peter’s only ally, J. Jonah Jameson, is doing his best…but can it possibly be enough?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
- The Ice King Apology Tour Commences in 1st Look at Adventure Time: Marcy & Simon #1 - December 13, 2018
- Marvel Reveals Phil Noto Interlocking Variants for 80th Anniversary - December 13, 2018
- Lela Gwenn and Matthew Dow Smith Launch Bad Luck Chuck at Dark Horse in March - December 13, 2018
- Joe Illidge Explains Post-Valiant Future in Most Polite Open Letter Ever - December 13, 2018
- #GhostCorps: IDW Teases Something Big for Ghostbusters in 2019 - December 13, 2018