Conventions are still reeling from the events that took place in Jacksonville back in August, and TwitchCon is the latest to address security. The company sent out an email notice letting attendees know about their weapons policy as well as making it clear that everyone will be subject to bag searches and screenings. We can’t really blame Twitch for taking the added effort, but it should be noted they’re not saying much about what a security screen will mean. We have the primary highlights of the info for you below.
Information about Lines
- All attendees are subject to bag search and security screening at all designated entrance points.
- Our security team will be working very hard to get everyone into the venue as quickly and conveniently as possible, but your safety is our top priority. Please be patient.
- We encourage you to plan ahead and arrive early. Allow extra time to park, walk, and clear the entry checkpoints into the venue.
- Backpacks are not permitted for entry at TwitchCon. Leave luggage, large bags and bulky clothing at your hotel or home.
- If you get an oversized bag or backpack in the convention center (including Twitch-branded), it is not eligible for re-entry once you leave.
- You’re allowed to bring in one bag with a maximum size of 12” x 15” x 6”. We recommend packing essentials in a small bag or fanny pack.
- If you have a medical need for a larger bag, please email email@example.com.
You also need to know…
- Please review the entire Weapons Policy before attending TwitchCon, especially if you’re planning on cosplaying. Failure to follow this policy will result in non-admittance or attendee removal from TwitchCon without refund.
- Staff and security have the final say on all matters related to safety at TwitchCon.