Marvel has released a launch trailer for Return of Wolverine, the event comic that will finally bring back Wolverine after Marvel dragged it out for a god damn year. The video features artwork from the comic, as well as appearances by Akira Yoshida, Jordan White’s mustache, and writer Charles Soule.
In the trailer, Yoshida, otherwise known as Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski, makes the case that Marvel totally planned to keep Wolverine dead when they killed him, but Charles Soule had such an amazing story they just had to tell it.
“We always say ‘dead is dead,'” said Cebulski, somehow keeping a straight face. “Unless there is a great story in which we can bring him back. And Charles had that story.”
Plus, the fans were beating down Marvel’s door asking for this.
“Wolverine’s just one of those characters that appeals to people,” Cebulski continued. “Anytime he goes away for any reason, demand has never been greater to bring him back.
Whenever Poochie’s not on screen, all the other characters should be asking: where’s Poochie?
“When the fans speak, we listen,” Cebulski concluded.
While Soule has a warning: “The story is definitely not for little kid readers of Wolverine.”
Pick up Return of Wolverine #1 in stores next Wednesday and watch the trailer below.
- WWE Cancels Wrestlemania… Ticket On-Sale Party - November 14, 2018
- Paige Biopic Fighting With My Family Gets a Trailer, New Release Date - November 14, 2018
- Get in the Holiday Spirit with a First Look at Klaus and the Crying Snowman - November 14, 2018
- Top Cow is Selling a Sci-Fi & Sex Humble Bundle to Benefit California Wildfire Victims - November 14, 2018
- Adventures of Sabrina: Chilling No More? - November 14, 2018