Every great team needs a great leader, and DC Universe’s live-action Doom Patrol series has theirs in the form of former 007 and Penny Dreadful star Timothy Dalton, who has been tapped to play Dr. Niles “The Chief” Caulder in the Titans follow-up series from Greg Berlanti and Warner Bros TV. Dalton joins Alan Tudyk (Firefly), who was cast last week in the role of villainous Eric Morden/Mr. Nobody.
A reimagining of the superhero DC characters originally written and drawn by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney, and Bruno Premiani, Doom Patrol is written by Jeremy Carver (Supernatural, Being Human), who executive produces alongside Berlanti, Geoff Johns, and Berlanti Prods’ Sarah Schechter. Warner Bros. Television produces in association with Berlanti Productions.
In the DC Universe series, Dalton’s Dr. Caulder is a pioneer in medical science who searches the world over for those on the edge of death in need of a miracle. Brilliant but controversial, Dr. Caulder will stop at nothing to help those he believes are in need, including his collection of strange heroes known as The Doom Patrol.
Here’s the official series overview for DC Universe’s Doom Patrol:
Doom Patrol is a re-imagining of the beloved group of outcast Super Heroes: Robotman (Brendan Fraser), Negative Man, Elasti-Girl (April Bowlby), and Crazy Jane (Diane Guerrero), led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). The Doom Patrol’s members each suffered horrible accidents that gave them superhuman abilities — but also left them scarred and disfigured.
Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence — and to protect Earth from what they find. Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them.
Picking up after the events of Titans, Doom Patrol will find these reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by none other than Cyborg (Joivan Wade), who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.
- A Gallery of 19 New Photos From DC Universe's 'Titans'
- Star Wars Rebels Composer Kevin Kiner to Score Titans
- Firefly's Alan Tudyk Cast as DC Universe's 'Doom Patrol' Big Bad Mr. Nobody
- DC Universe's 'Doom Patrol' Casts Joivan Wade for Cyborg/Vic Stone
- That Titans Trailer for DC Universe - If You Don't Live in the USA
- How Do You Like DC's New DC Universe Streaming Service?
- The Twelve Days of ‘Sunny’: Season 6, Episode 13 ‘A Very Sunny Christmas’ (Day #6) - December 18, 2018
- Disney’s Kevin Mayer: Fox Deal “Almost Done,” Netflix’s Marvel Line-Up on Disney+ “A Possibility” - December 18, 2018
- Tell Me a Story Season 2 Renewal Includes New Characters, Fairy Tales - December 18, 2018
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Renewed for Parts 3 and 4 - December 18, 2018
- Wayne’s Mark McKenna Talks Dream Role, Del Dynamic, and Pop Culture Picks (INTERVIEW) - December 18, 2018