Square Enix Collective and ThroughLine Games have announced that 2D cinematic adventure game Forgotton Anne is being released on the Nintendo Switch in 2019. The story-driven adventure game set in the hand-crafted 2D cinematic Forgotten Lands launched on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 back in May. With the Switch launch, the indie title will now be available on all major gaming platforms.
Forgotton Anne takes place in a “hidden dimension” which is essentially a pocket dimension where all your lost socks go. The game tells the story of how Anne and Master Bonku make their way out of the Forgotten Lands and back to the human world.
“It was always only going to be a matter of time before Forgotton Anne made its way over to Nintendo Switch,” says Alfred Nguyen, Creative Director and Co-founder of ThroughLine Games. “We are big fans of Nintendo’s inventive platform and experiencing Forgotton Anne in handheld mode feels amazing even for us and we believe it’s a perfect match for Switch’s fast expanding audience.”
“Forgotton Anne is undoubtedly one of the classiest, most dazzling adventures we’ve ever put out,” says Phil Elliott, Director of Indie Publishing at Square Enix West. “Ever since we started showing the game at events around the globe, people have been spellbound by how ThroughLine Games has brought life and interactivity to anime – it truly is a captivating take on how to incorporate animation in gameplay that we think will really find a strong and loyal home on Nintendo Switch.”
Forgotten Anne is slated to release next year.
You can check out the game’s accolades trailer below.
- Nintendo Postpone the Next Nintendo Direct Due To Earthquake
- Dragalia Lost Receives a New Story Trailer from Nintendo
- Nintendo Planning Another Nintendo Direct on Thursday
- Current Warframe Bug Lets You Walk Through the Cosmos - October 15, 2018
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Looks More and More Promising - October 14, 2018
- Frostpunk Cleans Up at First Annual CEEGA Awards - October 13, 2018
- Daybreak Games Announces EverQuest 2 Expansion “Chaos Descending” - October 11, 2018
- The Razer Phone Users Will Have Exclusive Armajet Content - October 11, 2018