Every so often (but seemingly less so since we started this column), comic book publishers accidentally send out unlettered previews, showing us what the characters are doing but not what they’re saying. What a boner! In Improbable Previews, we correct this mistake by putting the words back in, using our best guess at what they are based on decades of time wasted reading comic books. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy, of course.
November sees the long-awaited reboot of Uncanny X-Men from the creative team of Ed Brisson, Matthew Rosenberg, Kelly Thompson, Mahmud Asrar, R.B. Silva, Yildiray Cinar, and Pere Pérez. What? You think a regular-sized creative team can reboot a series this iconic?! Marvel is keeping secretive about what’s going to happen in the opening 10-part weekly story, X-Men Disassembled (Iceman dies in a tragic jetpack accident while yelling “not like this!!” probably), but they did release some unlettered, uncolored preview art by Mahmud Asrar, and we’ve helpfully lettered it for your reading pleasure.
Uncanny X-Men #1 hits stores in November, with a 72-page first issue for $7.99 cheap!
- Valiant’s The Forgotten Queen Gets a Pre-Order Bundle with Amilcar Pinna Variants - November 13, 2018
- A First Look at Ben 10: The Truth is Out There is In Here - November 13, 2018
- 11 Pages from Kel McDonald and Tyler Crook’s ComiXology Original Series Stone King, Debuting Tomorrow - November 13, 2018
- Daniel Bryan’s Shocking Title Win Almost Makes Up for WWE Pulling Becky Lynch from Survivor Series - November 13, 2018
- What Was Up with Ronda Rousey’s “Millennials” Promo on WWE Raw Last Night? - November 13, 2018