Every so often (but seemingly less so since we started this column), comic book publishers accidentally send out unlettered previews, showing us what the characters are doing but not what they’re saying. What a boner! In Improbable Previews, we correct this mistake by putting the words back in, using our best guess at what they are based on decades of time wasted reading comic books. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy, of course.
November sees the long-awaited reboot of Uncanny X-Men from the creative team of Ed Brisson, Matthew Rosenberg, Kelly Thompson, Mahmud Asrar, R.B. Silva, Yildiray Cinar, and Pere Pérez. What? You think a regular-sized creative team can reboot a series this iconic?! Marvel is keeping secretive about what’s going to happen in the opening 10-part weekly story, X-Men Disassembled (Iceman dies in a tragic jetpack accident while yelling “not like this!!” probably), but they did release some unlettered, uncolored preview art by Mahmud Asrar, and we’ve helpfully lettered it for your reading pleasure.
Uncanny X-Men #1 hits stores in November, with a 72-page first issue for $7.99 cheap!
- How Will Rogue and Gambit Escape Their Predicament in Mr. and Mrs. X #4? A Sexy Sneak Peek - September 24, 2018
- A Double Dose of Rick & Morty, Plus: Dream Daddy, Invader Zim, More in Oni Press Previews for 9-26-18 - September 24, 2018
- Dark Horse to Publish Minecraft OGN by Sfé R. Monster, Sarah Grayley, John J. Hill - September 24, 2018
- Valiant Reveals Exclusives for New York Comic Con - September 24, 2018
- BOOM! Snags License for Lev Grossman’s The Magicians, Plans OGN by Lilah Sturges and Pius Bak - September 24, 2018