Probably one of the biggest missing elements to SoulCalibur VI at the moment is that we’re not getting a Nintendo Switch version. While it would be nice to see, there don’t seem to be any plans in the works for it to happen. At least, not yet. Speaking with Dual Shockers, Producer Motohiro Okubo mentioned that there is a slim possibility of it happening, but it would end up taking place after the initial launch.
Okubo-san explained through a translator that a Switch version is not in development, but he did not close the door to the possibility for the future.
“At the moment there is no development for Switch at all. I understand that the Switch is a very successful hardware, and of course if there is a possibility, then it would be great to do it.
At the moment we’re focusing on the October 19th launch, so we don’t even have the time to think about that possibility. After the launch we’ll think about the possibility.”
One would assume that with Bandai Namco’s ability to port games over to the Switch with ease in the past year, it might not take a lot of effort to port SoulCalibur VI onto the console. But we’re guessing they want to see some success on the PS4 and Xbox One first.
- Nier Automata’s 2B Has Been Added to SoulCalibur VI
- Inferno Officially Returns to SoulCalibur VI as Latest Character
- SoulCalibur VI Will Receive a Beta Next Week
- Bandai Namco Release a SoulCalibur VI Mode Introduction Trailer
- Cervantes Leaked as Next Playable Character in SoulCalibur VI
- Thrustmaster Partners With Bandai Namco For Ace Combat 7 Joystick
- Bandai Namco Reveal Azwel as Newest Character in SoulCalibur VI
- So Why Is Tira a DLC Character in SoulCalibur VI? A Producer Sheds Some Light
- Astaroth and Seong Mi-Na Annoucned for SoulCalibur VI at EVO 2018
- Voldo Finally Makes an Appearance in SoulCalibur VI's Latest Reveal
- SoulCalibur VI's Devs Are Trying to Restore the Franchise's Glory
- Cliff Bleszinski Announces He’s Done With Video Games - November 18, 2018
- Valve Has Already Added a Beta Update to Artifact - November 18, 2018
- Three Nukes Crashed the Fallout 76 Server in Spectacular Fashion - November 18, 2018
- Hi-Rez Studios Lays Out Details For Crossplay on Multiple Games - November 18, 2018
- Frostpunk to Receive an Endless Mode Update Shortly - November 18, 2018