Marvel has thrown a curve ball with the announcement of the Defenders comic they’ve been teasing all day long. Instead of taking the boring old approach of gathering the original Defenders for another attempt at an ongoing series for the billionth time, Marvel has instead taken the bold new approach of gathering the original Defenders for a series of one-shots which, though it is not stated in the press release, will almost assuredly cost more than $3.99.
Doctor Strange. The Immortal Hulk. Namor the Sub-Mariner. The Silver Surfer. You know their names and you know their powers…and you know them as the DEFENDERS! This December, Marvel’s favorite non-team – the original Defenders – return in all-new stories!
With an assembly of stellar creative teams, writers and artists such as Chip Zdarsky (Marvel 2-In-One), Gerry Duggan (Deadpool), Jason Latour (Spider-Gwen), Simone Di Meo (Old Man Logan Annual), Carlos Magno (Thunderbolts), Greg Smallwood (Moon Knight), Al Ewing (The Immortal Hulk) and Joe Bennett (The Immortal Hulk) will spin five interconnected specials that tell a unique and captivating story for each original Defender.
Now that’s the kind of innovative thinking that’s earned Marvel the title “the House of Ideas.” Check out the lineups below:
IMMORTAL HULK: THE BEST DEFENSE
Written by AL EWING
Art by SIMONE DI MEO
NAMOR: THE BEST DEFENSE
Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
Art by CARLOS MAGNO
DOCTOR STRANGE: THE BEST DEFENSE
Written by GERRY DUGGAN
Art by GREG SMALLWOOD
SILVER SURFER: THE BEST DEFENSE
Written by JASON LATOUR
Art by JASON LATOUR
THE DEFENDERS: THE BEST DEFENSE
Written by AL EWING
Art by JOE BENNETT
- Captain Lars Stars in “Epic, Mind-Bending Adventure” for February’s Steven Universe #25 - November 20, 2018
- 2 Covers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1 and #2 by Jen Bartel and Ryan Inzana - November 20, 2018
- Because U Demanded It: David Manak and Warren Kremer’s Ewoks Collected in February - November 20, 2018
- Chris Claremont’s Early Iron Fist Work Collected in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Complete Collection - November 20, 2018
- Cyclops and Wolverine Rebuild the X-Men in February, Starting With Another 8 Dollar Issue - November 20, 2018