There have been a few questions sent to the D&D team on social media over the past few weeks ever since Guildmaster’s Guide to Ravnica was revealed. This week, we got a little insight as to what will be included in one of the new books coming out before year’s end. Dungeon’s & Dragons‘ Lead Designer and Managing Editor Jeremy Crawford confirmed that the Druid subclass Circle of Spores would be making its way into this version of the game.
— Jeremy Crawford (@JeremyECrawford) August 16, 2018
In case you’re unfamiliar with how awesome this is, here’s a little text from the company to give you some insight.
Druids of the Circle of Spores find beauty in decay. They see within mold and other fungi the ability to transform lifeless material into abundant, albeit somewhat strange, life. These druids believe that life and death are portions of a grand cycle, with one leading to the other and then back again. Death is not the end of life, but instead a change of state that sees life shift into a new form. Druids of this circle have a complex relationship with the undead. Unlike most other druids, they see nothing inherently wrong with undeath, which they consider to be a companion to life and death. However, these druids believe that the natural cycle is healthiest when each segment of it is vibrant and changing. Undead that seek to replace all life with undeath, or avoid passing to a final rest, violate the cycle and must be thwarted.
That’s an amazing class to have working on your side, or at the very least to party up with even if they go evil somehow. The new set of circle classes they created have a few different talents that can be explored and exploited, but this was probably one of the better well-balanced D&D classes that also plays fun.
- Amazon Leaks Contents to D&D's Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica
- Kobold Press Successfully Funds D&D 5E Version of Tales of the Old Margreve
- Choose Your Own Fate — We Review D&D Endless Quest: Into The Jungle
- Coloring the Eyestocks: We Review D&D's Adventures Outlined
- Chatting with Rosie Beestinger: An Interview with D&D's Kate Welch
- Beadle & Grimm’s Pandemonium Warehouse to Release Special D&D Adventure Editions
- More Ways To Die Horribly with Wizkids D&D Icons of The Realms Figures
- D&D's Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes is Building Their World's Mythology
- Patrick Rothfuss Briefly Talks Rick and Morty/D&D Crossover Comic
- Black Ops 4 Reveals a Short Preview of New Character Reaper - December 17, 2018
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Recieves Dissonance of the Nexus Expansion - December 17, 2018
- SEGA Ages Will Add Puyo Puyo and Puyo Puyo 2 on Nintendo Switch - December 17, 2018
- Soulja Boy Says He’s Going to Launch His Own Esports Team - December 17, 2018
- EA Dice Will Restore TTK in New Battlefield V Playlists - December 17, 2018