With three episodes to go, here’s how things stand in the “Jesse-verse” going into this week’s episode:
● “David Hilter”/Hitler (Noah Taylor) proved you can’t teach an old genocidal psychotic new tricks, so it’s back on the chain gang – and back to Hell – for both him and Eugene (Ian Colletti), courtesy of The Saint of Killers (Graham McTavish).
● Hell might not have frozen over, but it’s chilly enough to bring Herr Starr (Pip Torrens) and Gran’ma Marie L’Angell (Betty Buckley) together to break bread over Jesse (Dominic Cooper): Gran’ma gets a whole lot of souls, and Starr gets Jesse to help him take care of that “little matter” known as the Allfather (Jonny Coyne) – and Jesse’s going to have to trust Starr this time.
● Tulip (Ruth Negga), Featherstone (Julie Ann Emery), and Jody (Jeremy Childs) are sent packing to Osaka, Japan, for a little international intrigue – if they survive the plane ride.
● Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) and Eccarius (Adam Croasdell) grew closer, with Eccarius attempting to save Cassidy from an assault team of jacked up priests and nuns on assignment from Hoover (Malcolm Barrett). Cassidy ends up saving the day – and grows closer to the Children of Blood. Too bad Cassidy doesn’t know the truth about what really happens to Eccarius’ “vampire missionaries”…
Can Jesse, Tulip, and Starr break Angelville’s hold and avert the Allfather’s apocalypse – especially now that Satan (Jason Douglas) has entered the picture? Will Cassidy discover Eccarius’ secret before he’s his next victim? Can the series avert falling apart going into the season finale? All of these answers and more… in our review of AMC‘s Preacher s03e08 ‘The Tom/Brady.’
SPOILER WARNING: I’ll be covering some themes and takeaways involving major and minor plot points from the episode, so keep that in mind. Definitely not looking for pitchforks and torches outside my apartment so spoiler warnings!
Preacher s03e08 ‘The Tom/Brady’: Annville, Angelville and the Grail team up to steal souls in New Orleans and Osaka in a last-ditch effort to satisfy Gran’ma and save the world.
Here’s a look at what we can expect from Preacher season 3’s penultimate episode ‘Schwanzkopf’:
Preacher s03e09 ‘Schwanzkopf’: Divided and trapped, Tulip, Jesse and Cassidy battle old friends, new enemies and loved ones to escape certain death – or worse.
In one of many “must see” moments from ‘The Tom/Brady,’ The Allfather perfects his plan to allow Genesis to reside within Humperdoo (Tyson Ritter):
PREACHER is a dramatic thrill ride that follows West Texas preacher Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper), his badass girlfriend Tulip (Academy Award nominee Ruth Negga) and an Irish vampire named Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) as they embark on a road trip to find God and are thrust into a twisted battle spanning Heaven, Hell and everywhere in between.
The 10-episode third season follows Jesse’s quest for God which takes him back to the place he’s been avoiding his whole life: home. Jesse, Tulip and Cassidy return to Angelville, the Louisiana Plantation where Jesse was raised, and find old grudges and deadly obligations await them. With the help of his friends — and a few enemies — Jesse will need to escape his past…because the future of the world depends on it.
Ian Colletti, Graham McTavish, Pip Torrens, Julie Ann Emery, Malcolm Barrett, and Noah Taylor also return for the series’ third season, joined by new series regulars Betty Buckley (Supergirl, Split), Colin Cunningham (Blood Drive, Falling Skies), Jeremy Childs (The Last Castle, Nashville), Liz McGeever (Star, Nashville), Jonny Coyne (Turn, Alcatraz), Adam Croasdell (Reign), and Prema Cruz (Mozart in the Jungle).
- Crisis Management: The Flash ‘Elseworlds, Part 1’ (Bleeding Cool’s Arrowverse Live-Blog!) - December 9, 2018
- Arrow ‘Elseworlds, Part 2’: Batwoman Makes Lasting Impression on Barry, Cisco (PREVIEW) - December 9, 2018
- The Umbrella Academy: The Hargreeves Family Goes Super Dysfunctional (FIRST-LOOK) - December 8, 2018
- Arrowverse “Elseworlds:” Queen’s Stuck In “Flashy” Situation (VIDEO) - December 8, 2018
- The ABC Murders: John Malkovich’s Poirot Hunts a Serial Killer in BBC One/Amazon Adapt (TRAILER) - December 8, 2018