Welcome back to Taking Confession, Bleeding Cool's weekly live-blog of AMC's Preacher season 3, where right now we're updating our scorcard on where/how things stand as we crash head-long into Sunday's eighth episode of the season, 'The Tom/Brady':
● "David Hilter"/Hitler (Noah Taylor) reminded us why he was in Hell in the first place;
● Herr Starr (Pip Torrens) and The Grail returned to Gran'ma Marie L'Angell (Betty Buckley) and Angelville to break bread over Jesse (Dominic Cooper): Gran'ma gets a whole bunch of souls, and Starr gets Jesse's help in taking care of the "Humperdoo (Tyson Ritter) problem" – which means Jesse has to trust Starr and kill the Allfather (Jonny Coyne).
● Tulip (Ruth Negga), Featherstone (Julie Ann Emery), and Jody (Jeremy Childs) are heading to Osaka, Japan, for a little international intrigue – if they survive the plane ride.
● Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) and Eccarius (Adam Croasdell) grew closer ("his & his" matching coffins is a serious move in a relationship), but Cassidy doesn't know the truth about what's really happening to Eccarius' "vampire missionaries."
All set? Great! So here's a quick look at what we can expect from Preacher s03e08 'The Tom/Brady':
Preacher s03e08 'The Tom/Brady': Annville, Angelville and the Grail team up to steal souls in New Orleans and Osaka in a last-ditch effort to satisfy Gran'ma and save the world.
● This page should update…but just to be on the safe side, refresh occasionally to be certain because I've been known to ramble often and quickly.
● If you're going to social media to talk about what we're talking about here, go with: #preacher and #bcpreacher
● While you're waiting (or if you just need a breather from my raw, uncut cult-of-personality), check out some cool Preacher extras we have lined up for you below.
In a look back at last week's episode, Hitler's plans to dominate the world are cut short when the Saint of Killers comes to take him back to Hell; Preacher's cast and creators discuss the deepening relationship between Cassidy and Eccarius, how Featherstone revealing a weakness in Tulip'a armor, and Starr's negotiation with Gran'ma to release Jesse.
PREACHER is a dramatic thrill ride that follows West Texas preacher Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper), his badass girlfriend Tulip (Academy Award nominee Ruth Negga) and an Irish vampire named Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) as they embark on a road trip to find God and are thrust into a twisted battle spanning Heaven, Hell and everywhere in between.
The 10-episode third season follows Jesse's quest for God which takes him back to the place he's been avoiding his whole life: home. Jesse, Tulip and Cassidy return to Angelville, the Louisiana Plantation where Jesse was raised, and find old grudges and deadly obligations await them. With the help of his friends — and a few enemies — Jesse will need to escape his past…because the future of the world depends on it.
Ian Colletti, Graham McTavish, Pip Torrens, Julie Ann Emery, Malcolm Barrett, and Noah Taylor also return for the third season; joined by new series regulars Betty Buckley (Supergirl, Split); Colin Cunningham (Blood Drive, Falling Skies); Jeremy Childs (The Last Castle, Nashville); Liz McGeever (Star, Nashville); with Jonny Coyne (Turn, Alcatraz); Adam Croasdell (Reign); and Prema Cruz (Mozart in the Jungle).