Sony has a brand new PS4 Pro on the way that will mark a milestone for the company, and they’d really like you to buy it. The company is releasing this special 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro in the fall to mark 500 million systems sold around the world over the past 24 years. We have the features and whatnot for you below from their blog, but for us, this is a bit of an oddity.
Sony themselves came out just a few months ago and said the PS4 was reaching the end of its life cycle. Yet, here they are, making a new version of it that they hope you’ll spend $500 on. Don’t get us wrong, we love the PS4 and its library. But when you got a company saying that their current product is near death and they’re probably already working on the PS5, we’d rather save the $500 for that console’s launch.
As translucent colors are always a fan-favorite, this is a great opportunity to bring this color to the PlayStation 4 Pro system as a ‘thank you’ to our fans. To celebrate this exceptional milestone, we are announcing today a global release of the 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro, featuring a translucent dark blue console shell and matching DualShock 4 wireless controller, PlayStation Camera, Vertical Stand and mono headset. This PS4 Pro also comes with a massive 2TB hard drive for you to store tons of games, apps, videos, screenshots and more. It will be available for $499.99 USD (MSRP) / $639.99 CAD (MSRP), and will be limited to 50,000 units worldwide.
In addition, each system will have a commemorative copper plate on its front, with its limited edition serial number etched on. And, for the very lucky few who can get them, we have a few ‘extra special’ hardware units with serial numbers that commemorate important events in the history of PlayStation. Keep your eyes peeled for these ‘extra special’ serial numbers like 09995 (U.S. Launch Date of the original PlayStation – September 9th, 1995), 01115 (U.S. launch date of PS4 – November 15, 2013) and 01013 (U.S. launch date of PS VR – October 13, 2016).
- Tokyo Dark: Remembrance is Getting a 2018 Release on PS4 and Switch
- Sony Releases New 4K Images of Marvel's Spider-Man for PS4
- The PS4 Version of H1Z1 Will Finally Receive Battle Royale
- Digimon Survive Announced for PS4 and Nintendo Switch in 2019
- Sony is Recruiting Beta Testers for the PS4 6.0 System Software Update
- Enplex Games Announces New Survival MMO Game Population Zero - December 11, 2018
- WBIE Will Relaunch MK Kollective to Prepare for Mortal Kombat 11 - December 11, 2018
- Review: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Gear by JINX - December 11, 2018
- Overwatch Launches Winter Wonderland with New Updates - December 11, 2018
- Fortnite Adds Swords to the Game in Latest Patch - December 11, 2018