Valve has announced the release date for its next game, the Dota 2 themed card game Artifact for November.
The common feeling around Valve for the past few years is that they aren’t in the business of making games any more. Of course, this isn’t true at all. The team maintains games like Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2, as well as making VR experiences to help support the Vive. In fact, the team are gearing up for a brand new release too, in the form of Artifact, a Dota 2 themed card game.
We don’t have too long to wait for it either. Valve has announced that the game will be launching November 28 on PC, Mac and Linux. It was also announced that the game would be coming to mobile on both iOS and Android, but that won’t be until some point in 2019. Artifact will be priced at $20, which will get you two decks to play with, as well as 10 packs of cards to open. You, of course, will be able to buy more packs in the future too, if you wanted to.
I’ve heard some promising things about Artifact rumbling through the shadows. The game uses lanes like in a regular Dota match, players having to look after several fronts at once. Also, it’s been designed with the help of Magic: The Gathering creator Richard Garfield, so it has a great pedigree going for it too. I’m very curious to see if the title can carve out its own place in an already bustling card game scene. The Valve and Dota names will certainly be major pluses in its favour. We will just have to see if Artifact can compete with the likes of Hearthstone, Gwent and The Elder Scrolls: Legends.
- Hearthstone's Collegiate Championship Will Make a Return in the Fall
- Valve is Apparently Launching Its Own Streaming Channel Called Stream TV
- Firewatch Art Director Olly Moss Has a New Gig at Valve
- Darkness Rises Already Surpasses Ten Million Downloads in Weeks
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Style Open World Pokemon Game Possibly “Still on the Cards” - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018
- Blizzard Seem Confident That Diablo III Will Get Cross-Console Play - October 12, 2018