Cloak and Dagger will be returning to Freeform for a second season. Marvel dropped the news at the Cloak and Dagger panel at San Diego Comic-Con Friday. The show will head back to production in the Fall and be back “sooner than you think.” Specifically, in Spring of 2019, according to the official Cloak and Dagger Twitter account.
Bleeding Cool Ace Reporter Erin Wilhelm was on hand at the panel and had an inkling such an announcement might be coming when Marvel got the crowd chanting for Season 2 before the panel began. Check back later for a panel report.
Cloak and Dagger stars Aubrey Joseph and Olivia Holt as the titular Cloak and Dagger, based on the comic book characters created by Bill Mantlo and Ed Hannigan.
Update: the teaser shown at comic-con has been released:
— Cloak & Dagger (@CloakAndDagger) July 21, 2018
- Conspiracy Theory: Is Marvel Planning to Reboot Daredevil? - August 21, 2018
- The War on Christmas Comes to Rugrats in C is for Chanukah One-Shot - August 21, 2018
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Gets an A-List Guest Star in November - August 21, 2018
- Valiant Will Ship Glass Variants Directly to Comic Book Stores - August 21, 2018
- C.S. Pascat and Johanna The Mad’s Fence to Become an Ongoing Graphic Novel Series - August 21, 2018