Cloak and Dagger will be returning to Freeform for a second season. Marvel dropped the news at the Cloak and Dagger panel at San Diego Comic-Con Friday. The show will head back to production in the Fall and be back “sooner than you think.” Specifically, in Spring of 2019, according to the official Cloak and Dagger Twitter account.
Bleeding Cool Ace Reporter Erin Wilhelm was on hand at the panel and had an inkling such an announcement might be coming when Marvel got the crowd chanting for Season 2 before the panel began. Check back later for a panel report.
Cloak and Dagger stars Aubrey Joseph and Olivia Holt as the titular Cloak and Dagger, based on the comic book characters created by Bill Mantlo and Ed Hannigan.
Update: the teaser shown at comic-con has been released:
— Cloak & Dagger (@CloakAndDagger) July 21, 2018
- Of Course Reed Richards is to Blame… Next Week’s Marvel Knights 20th #4 - December 15, 2018
- Somebody Needs a Snickers in Next Week’s Iceman #4 - December 15, 2018
- Kate Bishop Refuses to Die in Canada in Next Week’s Old Man Hawkeye Finale - December 15, 2018
- Archangel’s Loyalty Tested in Next Week’s Uncanny X-Men #6 - December 15, 2018
- Is Rocking a Mullet a Reason to Kill a Man? Next Week’s Domino #9 - December 15, 2018