The comic book direct market can seem like a game rigged to benefit publishers and pretty much nobody else. Publishers can share some of the burden when they make a series returnable, and that’s what Dark Horse promised to do during their presentation at the Diamond Retailer Lunch before San Diego Comic-Con today.
Starting with the new Stranger Things line of comics, launching with a first mini-series in September from Jody Houser, Stefano Martino, Keith Champagne, and Lauren Affe.
We also got a look inside the book…
Dark Horse’s upcoming Mystery Science Theater 3000 comic by Joel Hodgson will be returnable as well.
And Umbrella Academy, which we recently learned is returning for its long, long-awaited third volume, Hotel Oblivion, from Gerard Way and Gabriel Ba.
But there is a catch. Retailers will need to order 20 if they want to take advantage of the returnability.
Stay tuned for more news from the Diamond Retailer Lunch. Retailers eat very slowly, so this could be going on for a while.
- Everything You Knew About Secret Empire Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About What Wolverine Was Best At Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Uncle Ben’s Death Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Daredevil’s Cancellation Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Iceman Coming Out Was Wrong? - December 11, 2018