Attendees to the Diamond Retailer Lunch at San Diego Comic-Con today will be leaving with some nice parting gifts. A Sandman Universe preview will be given out at the end, showing off the new line of comics set in a shared universe, created and curated by Neil Gaiman, and building toward a larger story. “It’s like getting a Weekly Sandman comic in your stores,” DC teased.
But that’s just the appetizer (or wait, is the food the appetizer?). Retailers will also get their hands on the first issue of Border Town, the first new comic for the Vertigo relaunch by Eric M. Esquivel and Ramon Villalobos, along with American Carnage #1 Bryan Hill and Leandro Fernandez.
Though they won’t get to leave with it, Batman: Damned by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo is on-hand to look through, and retailers might catch a glimpse of Constantine, Deadman, Zatanna, Enchantress, and “an empty possessed Batman costume kicking @#$” in a book one witness described as “dark as @#$%.”
There were a few other goodies available as well, which you can see in the photo below:
- Valiant Leaks Classified White Board with Clues for Next 12 Months of Plans - December 14, 2018
- The Fate of Cyclops Revealed in Next Week’s Extermination Finale - December 14, 2018
- The Ice King Apology Tour Commences in 1st Look at Adventure Time: Marcy & Simon #1 - December 13, 2018
- Marvel Reveals Phil Noto Interlocking Variants for 80th Anniversary - December 13, 2018
- Lela Gwenn and Matthew Dow Smith Launch Bad Luck Chuck at Dark Horse in March - December 13, 2018