Attendees to the Diamond Retailer Lunch at San Diego Comic-Con today will be leaving with some nice parting gifts. A Sandman Universe preview will be given out at the end, showing off the new line of comics set in a shared universe, created and curated by Neil Gaiman, and building toward a larger story. “It’s like getting a Weekly Sandman comic in your stores,” DC teased.
But that’s just the appetizer (or wait, is the food the appetizer?). Retailers will also get their hands on the first issue of Border Town, the first new comic for the Vertigo relaunch by Eric M. Esquivel and Ramon Villalobos, along with American Carnage #1 Bryan Hill and Leandro Fernandez.
Though they won’t get to leave with it, Batman: Damned by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo is on-hand to look through, and retailers might catch a glimpse of Constantine, Deadman, Zatanna, Enchantress, and “an empty possessed Batman costume kicking @#$” in a book one witness described as “dark as @#$%.”
There were a few other goodies available as well, which you can see in the photo below:
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018
- Stealth Crossover? Domino and Mr. and Mrs. X Both Visit the Mojoverse in January - October 16, 2018