Welcome back to another edition of Taking Confession: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Live-Blog! Think it’s pretty safe to say that Jesse’s (Dominic Cooper) been in a whole bunch better situations than the one he’s currently in heading into Sunday’s episode of AMC’s Preacher, the appropriately-titled ‘The Tombs’.
Looking at our updated scorecard, Herr Starr (Pip Torrens) and The Grail have Jesse’s “soul rock;” his best friend Cassidy’s (Joseph Gilgun) spending too much quality time with Gran’ma (Betty Buckley) — and way too much time shooting his mouth off to TC (Colin Cunningham); his blood compact’s still intact, though Tulip’s (Ruth Negga) entered Madame Boyd’s (Prema Cruz) world with the hope of finding some kind of mystic loophole; and the only chance Jesse has to end Gran’ma once and for all — and save a now-exposed-as-a-vampire Cassidy — is to buy all of them some time by reopening The Tombs.
Preacher s03e04 ‘The Tombs’: As Jesse helps re-invigorate business at Angelville, he tests Tulip and Cassidy’s faith in him when Angelville brings out a darker side of him.
● This page should update…but just to be on the safe side, refresh occasionally to be certain because I’ve been known to ramble often and quickly.
● If you’re going to social media to talk about what we’re talking about here, go with: #preacher and #bcpreacher
● While you’re waiting (or if you just need a breather from my raw, uncut cult-of-personality), check out some cool Preacher extras we have lined up for you below.
In an essential scene from last week’s episode, Tulip angers doG (Mark Harelik) when she questions his plan:
PREACHER is a dramatic thrill ride that follows West Texas preacher Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper), his badass girlfriend Tulip (Academy Award nominee Ruth Negga) and an Irish vampire named Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) as they embark on a road trip to find God and are thrust into a twisted battle spanning Heaven, Hell and everywhere in between.
The 10-episode third season follows Jesse’s quest for God which takes him back to the place he’s been avoiding his whole life: home. Jesse, Tulip and Cassidy return to Angelville, the Louisiana Plantation where Jesse was raised, and find old grudges and deadly obligations await them. With the help of his friends — and a few enemies — Jesse will need to escape his past…because the future of the world depends on it.
Ian Colletti, Graham McTavish, Pip Torrens, Julie Ann Emery, Malcolm Barrett, and Noah Taylor also return for the third season; joined by new series regulars Betty Buckley (Supergirl, Split); Colin Cunningham (Blood Drive, Falling Skies); Jeremy Childs (The Last Castle, Nashville); Liz McGeever (Star, Nashville); Jonny Coyne (Turn, Alcatraz); Adam Croasdell (Reign); and Prema Cruz (Mozart in the Jungle).
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 1: Sabrina Really Needs to Reschedule; Cast, Crew Talk Series (PREVIEW) - October 18, 2018
- Dorian: CW Adapting Oscar Wilde’s The Picture Of Dorian Gray as Female-Led Comedy Series - October 18, 2018
- The Hypnotist’s Love Story: ABC Adapting ‘Big Little Lies’ Author’s Novel; Heather Graham Stars, EP - October 18, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 2, Episode 2 – ‘The Book of Consequences: Chapter Two – Black Jesus Blues’: Facing Some Dark Truths (RECAP) - October 18, 2018
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse Season 8, Episode 6 ‘Return to Murder House’ Brings Hope, Closure to End Times (REVIEW) - October 18, 2018