If you’ve been enjoying the services of the PlayStation Vue on your PS4, you’ll have to start shelling out more cash every month moving forward. The company released info on the increase this week on their blog, letting people know that all of their channel plans (Access, Core, Elite, and Ultra) will be going up by $5 each, and the change will go into effect on their next billing cycle after July. We have a snippet of the info they sent out below.
It’s not a dramatic increase, as it seems about on-par with Sony trying to make money off what are pretty decent TV services. But there are people who scrape by on what they have already with PlayStation Vue, so any increase may send some people away.
At PlayStation, we are always evaluating the PS Vue service to ensure we are providing a compelling value to our customers. Unfortunately, we must increase the price of our multi-channel plans to keep pace with rising business costs and enable us to continue offering a better way to watch the best in live sports, entertainment, and news.
PS Vue customers will continue to enjoy the rich features that come with their monthly plan, including an industry-leading five simultaneous streams, powerful cloud-based DVR, and unique features, such as multi-view on PS4 – all at no extra cost. Customers will also continue to experience one of the most robust line-ups of channels from top networks such as Discovery, AMC, Disney/ESPN, HGTV, Food Network and Turner, as well as local broadcast stations and sports league networks. We’ll also continue to offer standalone channels without the need of a multi-channel plan, such as HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and more.
- Absolver and Heavy Rain are Coming to PlayStation Plus Next Month
- PlayStation Boss Says He's "Confident" They Can Find Solution for Cross-Play That Works for Players and Business
- We Got to See a Little Bit of 'Dreams' Gameplay at the PlayStation Event
- Déraciné is the New Playstation VR Game from FromSoftware
- Destiny 2 Shows Us the Forsaken DLC at PlayStation's E3 Showcase
- Hearthstone Issues a New Balance Update For Several Cards - December 19, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Receives Second DLC Today - December 18, 2018
- Black Ops 4’s 1.10 Update Makes Major Changes to Blackout - December 18, 2018
- Fallout 76 Fans Are Calling Out Bethesta on Microtransaction Pricing - December 18, 2018
- Blizzard Celebrates the Holidays With a New Stop Motion Video - December 18, 2018