The mikan is a small citrus fruit from Japan, also known as the satsuma orange. These pack a lot of flavor and are pretty good for you, and since they fall in the citrus family, most westerners will likely be warm to the idea of eating them. Sometimes you can find mikan in your local Japanese grocery store (or generic Asian grocery store), but you’ll probably come across mikan-flavored candy instead. In one of my Japan Crates, I got a pack of Mikan Gummy, just ready to be devoured by me.
This candy absolutely delivered. These looked like oranges, and they tasted like oranges. They’re really super cute too — and the packaging is bright and colorful. These were absolutely delicious, and I would happily buy them again.
- Just Keep Swimming to Get These Limited-Edition Finding Nemo Pins - July 29, 2018
- Q+A with Matt Ellison, Senior Producer on LEGO DC Super-Villains - July 29, 2018
- War Machine Marketing’s Ro Kohli Talks Pantera Mini Guitars, Custom Toys, and More! - July 29, 2018
- A Perfect Han and Leia Close Out Our Last Cosplay Shots from SDCC 2018 - July 27, 2018
- Barzinga with Bleeding Cool’s Kaitlyn Booth: San Diego Comic-Con Aftermath - July 27, 2018