This week marks the one-year anniversary for ARMS dropping on the Nintendo Switch, and how they decided to celebrate was kind of a letdown. It’s kind of become traditional for video games when they celebrate anniversaries to have some kind of event or special download or just simply anything added tot he game as a token of appreciation to people who have enjoyed playing it this entire time. But not this time around, as all we got from Nintendo was a post on the game’s official Twitter account was a picture of them having a party.
— ARMS（アームズ） (@ARMS_Cobutter) June 16, 2018
If you like the picture, that’s cool. But considering all the hype that went into the game leading up to its release, you’d think Nintendo would have done more to celebrate it than just a drawing. But then again, this kind of feels par-for-the-course after Nintendo announced they would no longer be adding updates to the game. It feels like the company is disappointed it didn’t do better, and rather than put resources into it to attract people or maybe build a proper esports community around it, they’ve just let it slowly slide into obscurity. Cue the sad Nickleback song.
- Estars Launches as New Interactive Esports Engagement Platform
- Red Bull All-Stars Launch Inaugural League of Legends Tournament
- Becker College Offers First Esports Management Degree
- Arms Announces a New U.S. and Canada Online Tournament for Switch
- Nintendo will be Focusing on Arms and Splatoon 2 at GDC 2018
- Arms Director Reiterates There is Probably No New Content Coming, But Some Support Is Continuing
- Nintendo Has Officially Ended Their Updates For Arms
- Arms 5.0 Update Will be Bringing a New Character
- Blizzard Will Be Scaling Back on Heroes of the Storm - December 13, 2018
- Nicalis Announces RemiLore: Lost Girl in the Lands of Lore for February - December 13, 2018
- Valve Releases Steam Link for Raspberry Pi Users - December 13, 2018
- Jurassic World Evolution Receives the new Cretaceous Dinosaur Pack - December 13, 2018
- Conan Exiles Receives New DLC with Seekers of the Dawn - December 13, 2018