A new game in the Fire Emblem series has been revealed courtesy of Nintendo’s E3 2018 press conference. It’s called Fire Emblem: Three Houses and will presumably be coming to the Nintendo Switch. The release date wasn’t yet revealed, though one could intuit it will be coming out at some point in the next year and a half.
The trailer itself is quite dramatic, with a dramatic tune playing in the background and focusing on the character, Edelgard, who refers to the player as “teacher.” The player character appears to be Marth, but that might just be me straining for a recognizable character from the franchise (yes, I’m a loser who only knows Fire Emblem characters from Super Smash Bros. games).
The gameplay looks like a tactics games, or, as I like to call them, Dynasty Warriors without the ability to just run up and hack n’ slash every figure on the screen.
Joking aside, it looks like a fun strategy game with some RPG elements.
The trailer is available below for those interested in watching. Fire Emblem fans will likely be pleased with what’s on display. Edelgard seems like a cool character, and the lore stuff about the Goddess of Life is pretty neat.
- Getting a Peek at Generation Zero in the Microsoft Theater at E3
- There's Never a Break in Overkill's The Walking Dead
- Fighting with Each Other on Dead or Alive 6 at E3
- Racing in New Cars and Characters with Team Sonic Racing
- From Arcade to Console: We Tried Killer Queen Black at E3
- Iceman #1 Review: A Very Welcome Return - September 12, 2018
- House of Whispers #1 Review: Sandman Universe Struggling to Create Engagement - September 12, 2018
- Infinity Wars #3 Review: What if Captain America but Also Doctor Strange? - September 12, 2018
- Weapon X #23 Review: Deadpool is a Comic-Killer - September 11, 2018
- Nightwing #48 Review: The Motor Cycle Race of the Cosmos - September 11, 2018