In the publisher’s next video game-themed art book, Dynamite has teamed with Halfbrick Studios for The Art of Halfbrick: Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride and Beyond.
The Australia-based company has spent the last 15 years creating some of the bestselling and most popular mobile game apps including Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, Monster Dash, Seige Breakers, and Age of Zombies. The new 256-page coffee table book is written by Sarah Rodriguez and is the latest in the line of Dynamite’s video game-related art books that also include the Art of Atari and the Art of Path of Exiles.
Since 2001, the Australian game company Halfbrick Studios has been changing the mobile games scene. After seven years of making licensed games, Halfbrick took a chance and released Fruit Ninja to the world — and the world became obsessed with slicing cartoon fruit. Propelling themselves forward on the smash success of Fruit Ninja, Halfbrick released even more games that took the gaming community by storm. Featuring art from Jetpack Joyride, Monster Dash, Dan the Man, and more, this art book explores the rich collection of never-before-seen art that tells the story of a creative and ambitious company that never ceases to deliver fun and joy!
You may not be familiar with he studio name, but you have heard of Fruit Ninja, the mobile app game that launched in 2010 and became a cultural phenomenon with 300 million downloads in the first two years. It has spawned multiple spinoff games including Fruit Ninja Classic, Fruit Ninja VR, Fruit Ninja Academy: Math Master, and Fruit Ninja Kinetic 1 and 2. It also led to a Fruit Ninja comic miniseries from Dynamite in 2017.
The Art of Halfbrick: Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride and Beyond Hardcover will be solicited in the June Previews catalog and scheduled to ship in August of 2018.
- Bless Developers Release a Founder's Pack Preview Trailer
- Twin Soul Receives a Developer Update Along with Screenshots
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018