Marvel has revealed a new variant cover for July’s Infinity Wars Prime #1 by legendary comic book artist George Perez. Perez was the original artist on the Infinity series that started it all, 1991’s Infinity Gauntlet, though Perez was unable to complete the project due to various factors and was replaced by Ron Lim. The Infinity Gauntlet has seen many sequels over the years, both from original writer Jim Starlin and from unrelated Marvel rehashes, all trying to capture the magic of the original super-mega-crossover event.
With the smash hit film Avengers: Infinity War currently in theaters, Marvel is riding that wave of popularity with yet another sequel, Infinity Wars Prime. In the variant cover, Perez and colorist Richard Isanove depict Thanos, the villain (or hero?) of the film. Check it out below:
INFINITY WARS PRIME #1
Written by GERRY DUGGAN
Art and Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
INFINITY WARS PRIME #1 GEORGE PEREZ VAR (MAR188800)
In INFINITY WARS: PRIME #1, the heroes and villains of the Marvel Universe reap what they sow as their frantic search for the Infinity Stones leads to cosmic madness like never before. The simmering events of recent months spiral into something much, much bigger in this colossal story.
On Sale 7/25/18
- Punisher is Coming This Winter from One:12 Collective
- MLB Morning Trip Around the Bases: Yankees Stay Hot, Harvey to the Reds, and More!
- Deadpool Has an Awesome New Blu-ray Steelbook at Best Buy
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018