A weird bit of news that to be honest, we’re just not sure how we feel about it yet. Epic Games and Marvel announced this morning through Entertainment Weekly that Thanos from Avengers: Infinity War will be coming to Fortnite for a limited-time event.
The short version to this is that somewhere in the game when you play regular battle royale mode, there will be an Infinity Gauntlet somewhere in the game for you to find. If you manage to find it, you will transform into Thanos and wield its ungodly power. What it exactly entails they didn’t go into detail over, but we’re assuming it means you’ll basically be invincible and be able to win the match with ease.
Turns out the entire deal happened because Anthony and Joe Russo happen to be fans of the game and suggested the crossover event. A quick quote from the piece…
“Over the past few months, while we were editing Infinity War, we’d take breaks to hop on and get in a few games,” Joe exclusively told EW. “And then we started thinking, how cool would it be to have some kind of Avengers–Fortnite mashup? So we stalked Donald.”
We look forward to seeing nothing but “Search for Infinity Gauntlet” videos from our favorite streamers and YouTubers over the next couple weeks. The entire event will kick off on Tuesday, May 8th. How long the mode will last in Fortnite was not made clear, so we assume it won’t run more than a week.
- Boxer Celebrates Recent Win Doing a Fortnite Dance
- Epic Games Revives Fortnite's Limited Time Mode in 50 vs. 50 Battles
- Epic Games Releases Full Notes for Fortnite's 4.1 Update
- Camera Locations Leaked for Fortnite Dance Challenge
- Watch a Group of Fortnite Players Try to Cover Up Dusty Divot
- Crazy Justice Shows Footage of Cross-Platforming Between Xbox and Switch
- Fortnite Players are Using In-Game Green Screens to Make Fan Films
- Stepping Up Our Edge: We Review the Razer Abyssus Essential Gaming Mouse
- Musical Light Show: We Review Logitech's G560 Lightsync Speakers
- Digital Extremes Reveal Next Warframe DLC Coming in November - October 20, 2018
- Bandai Namco Boasts Three Million Sales of Tekken 7 - October 20, 2018
- Wargroove Developers Postpone the Release Until Early 2019 - October 20, 2018
- Amazon Leaks Contents to D&D’s Guildmasters’ Guide to Ravnica - October 20, 2018
- Splash Damage Announces That Development on Dirty Bomb Will End - October 20, 2018