Revealed in Marvel’s July solicitations today, a new X-book is starting up in July, but the only thing we know about it is that it will have variant covers by J. Scott Campbell and Skottie Young. Oh, and we know the first issue will be 36 pages and cost $3.99.
X-Classified is the title of the book, written by Classified, drawn by Classified, and with a cover by Classified as well. What happens in the story? That’s classified as well!
X CLASSIFIED #1
CLASSIFIED (W) • CLASSIFIED (A)
Cover by CLASSIFIED
VARIANT A COVER BY J SCOTT CAMPBELL
VIRGIN VARIANT A COVER BY J SCOTT CAMPBELL
VARIANT B COVER BY J SCOTT CAMPBELL
VIRGIN VARIANT B COVER BY J SCOTT CAMPBELL
VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
So could this be that Uncanny X-Men reboot we’ve been hearing so much about? Or a new X-series to go along with the four current ongoing core X-books? Or is this the next big X-event, which could ultimately lead to a relaunch of the line? Will it involve Chris Claremont? If the whole thing is classified, how do J. Scott Campbell and Skottie Young know what to draw? Maybe it’s the return of a certain stab-happy mutant to the X-fold?
Hopefully we’ll learn more soon, and we’re sure the reveal will be X-clusive to a major media outlet if Marvel has any say in the matter, but post your best guesses in the comments below and we’ll all do our best together to spoil it.
- Uncanny X-Men Returns in November - July 22, 2018
- Chris Claremont Writes Magneto for X-Men Black Weekly One-Shots - July 22, 2018
- First Look at Steve McNiven’s Interior Artwork for Return of Wolverine #1 - July 22, 2018
- The Morlocks Come to Fox’s The Gifted in Season 2, Plus More X-Men “Straight Out of the Comics” [Trailer] - July 22, 2018
- The X-Men Learn There’s Just One More Day Before #MarvelDeclassified Shakes Comic Book History to Its Core - July 22, 2018