Wrestlemania 34 takes place in the SUPERdome this weekend, and Funko has gotten in on the fun by announcing a new wave of WWE Pop Tees and Pops figures. There are some really sweet figures in this assortment, both classic and new Superstars. All of these products will come out in the summer, but the Pop Tees are available in limited quantities at the Wrestlemania Superstore this weekend in New Orleans.
Said Pop Tees are above. All three technically are Wrestlemania related, although they got the gear wrong for the Wrestlemania 7 match. They nailed the Rock vs Stone Cold old school fight card poster look for the Wrestlemania 17 one, and Shawn Michaels zip-lining into the ring at Wrestlemania 12. Someone in New Orleans wanna pick that one up for me?
All of the Pops are must-buys. That entrance gear for Triple H is my all-time favorite, from Wrestlemania 27. So iconic and badass, I hate the the masked version is a chase, but I get it. The Hardy Boyz merch blitz continues since they rejoined the company at last years show of shows. At least they come in a two-pack. The Kurt Angle and Sgt. Slaughter figures look exceptional as well. Sarge needs a more pointy chin if we are going to split hairs here, but he still looks incredible. And finally a Vince McMahon!
Now THIS is where I get upset. Asuka is one of the most-popular wrestlers on the roster. She has such a different look and many, many fans are going to want to add her to their collections. Too bad they will never see it. She is a Target exclusive. There is even a chase version with a mask, and a Walmart exclusive with her more recent mask as well. Target Funko exclusives might as well not even exist. The store never stocks them, the website exclusives sell out in 5 minutes or less most times, and they never release on time. Target is the worst store to partner with and Funko does not understand this. It is frustrating for fans and collectors, and after many snafus with releases (Yondu? Sexy Goldblum?) you would think they would stop. Nope, and with Toys R Us no longer an option, they will continue to get exclusives. They should have made it a WWE Shop exclusive! But that doesn’t make sense apparently. maybe someday they will overprint the Target figures but until that day comes the scalpers shall have their field day.
- Blockers Review: More Heart Than You Would Think, Still Very Raunchy
- SCOOP: Valiant Editor-in-Chief Warren Simons Resigns
- Conor McGregor Loses It at UFC 223 Press Conference, in Police Custody
- Lonnie Nadler's Co-Creators: The Rat Queens Story Documentary to Premiere at Vancouver's DOXA Festival
- Avengers: Infinity War Directors Dodge the "Where is Hawkeye?" Question
- Tony Gilroy Speaks Publicly About the Rogue One Reshoots
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Set to Premiere at the Cannes Film Festival
- Thor: Ragnarok's Karl Urban Set as Billy Butcher in Amazon's 'The Boys' Series Adaptation
- Isle of Dogs Review: An Endlessly Delightful Adventure
- NatGeo Developing Series Based on 'Hidden Figures'
- Black Panther Gets a New Statue from Kotobukiya
- Funko Round-Up: Alita, Game of Thrones, Cuphead, Star Wars, and More! - September 25, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at Scream Factory’s The Bride Blu-Ray - September 25, 2018
- Futurama Collectibles Including Robot Santa on the Way From Kidrobot - September 25, 2018
- Eli Roth’s History of Horror AMC Show Gets a Trailer - September 25, 2018
- DC Comics Animated Statue Line From Sideshow Collectibles Kicks Off With Batman - September 25, 2018