During their presentation at the Diamond Retailer Summit at C2E2 today, DC Comics made sure to include sales on Action Comics #1000, the landmark issue of the comic that will be published later this month. According to Dan DiDio, retailers have ordered over 500,000 copies of the book. Is it because Action Comics #1000 features approximately 1000 variant covers? Is it excitement for superstar writer “The Great One” Brian Michael Bendis taking over the Man of Steel? Or maybe it’s all about the red underpants?
Whatever the case, it looks like an $8 price tag hasn’t discouraged retailers from ordering big on Action Comics #1000. DiDio, at least, hopes that it still isn’t enough, and retailers won’t have enough copies for the reader demand. Which, admittedly, feels a bit optimistic. Will readers flock to stores to buy out all existing stock of Action Comics #1000? Or will it end up in the 25 cent bin of history alongside other big-selling comics like Jim Lee‘s X-Men #1?
We’ll find out in less than two weeks.
- Sophie Campbell to Write and Draw the Leonardo Macro Issue for IDW’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - July 19, 2018
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder in Hell, a 5-Issue Mini-Series by Mateus Santolouco, Hits Comic Stores in Early 2019 - July 19, 2018
- #CloneWarsSaved: Popular Star Wars Animated Series The Clone Wars Returns - July 19, 2018
- Comcast Drops Out of Fox Bidding War as Humanity Marches Towards Bold Future of Few Corporations Owning Everything Forever - July 19, 2018
- DC Announces New DC Ink and DC Zoom Comics by Louise Simonson, Marieke Nijkamp, Sarah Kuhn, and More! - July 19, 2018