At the Diamond Retailer Summit dinner at C2E2 in Chicago, Eric Powell took the stage for the Albatross Funnybooks presentation, and he used the opportunity to state the obvious: “oversaturation of products and tired gimmicks like alternate covers are killing our business.” After a heavy sigh and some scattered applause from the crowd, Powell launched into a video presentation of Albatross books (and hyped his C2E2 exclusive variant cover for Hillbilly #9). That scamp!
Controversial retailer Dennis Barger Jr. captured the whole thing on video and posted it to Facebook, so check it below. It’s like you’re right in the room (but without the catering)!
And here’s those videos, in higher quality, from Albatross directly:
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Incredible Hulk Beat the Crap Out of Hulk Hogan - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Union Jack Resisted Thatcher’s England in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Marvel Mocked a Beloved Republican President in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Spider-Man Took a Fall for Animal Rights in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Namor Got Political About Pollution in 1989 - October 21, 2018