At the Diamond Retailer Summit dinner at C2E2 in Chicago, Eric Powell took the stage for the Albatross Funnybooks presentation, and he used the opportunity to state the obvious: “oversaturation of products and tired gimmicks like alternate covers are killing our business.” After a heavy sigh and some scattered applause from the crowd, Powell launched into a video presentation of Albatross books (and hyped his C2E2 exclusive variant cover for Hillbilly #9). That scamp!
Controversial retailer Dennis Barger Jr. captured the whole thing on video and posted it to Facebook, so check it below. It’s like you’re right in the room (but without the catering)!
And here’s those videos, in higher quality, from Albatross directly:
- Impact Wrestling Co-Founder Jerry Jarrett Shares His Steamy Jim Cornette/Hillary Clinton Fanfic - May 26, 2018
- The Gentleman: Darkness of the Void – Pandering Horror to the Unrepresented - May 26, 2018
- BOOM! Studios and Natalie Nourigat Want to Teach You How to Break Into Animation - May 25, 2018
- Image Offers Unsold C2E2 Analog #1 Variants Now That It’s Being Adapted for Film - May 25, 2018
- Walking Dead Collectible Sparks Racism Controversy at North Carolina Credit Union - May 25, 2018