At the Diamond Retailer Summit dinner at C2E2 in Chicago, Eric Powell took the stage for the Albatross Funnybooks presentation, and he used the opportunity to state the obvious: “oversaturation of products and tired gimmicks like alternate covers are killing our business.” After a heavy sigh and some scattered applause from the crowd, Powell launched into a video presentation of Albatross books (and hyped his C2E2 exclusive variant cover for Hillbilly #9). That scamp!
Controversial retailer Dennis Barger Jr. captured the whole thing on video and posted it to Facebook, so check it below. It’s like you’re right in the room (but without the catering)!
And here’s those videos, in higher quality, from Albatross directly:
- Here’s How Retailers Can Get Doug Braithwaite’s Glass Variant Cover for Bloodshot Rising Spirit #1 - August 20, 2018
- Secret Origins of Riverdale Werewolves Revealed in Archie Previews for 8/22 - August 20, 2018
- The Empty Man: Comic Adapted for Film Comes Back to Comics - August 20, 2018
- Todd Nauck Revisits Iconic Image for Return of Wolverine #1 Variant - August 20, 2018
- WWE’s Nia Jax and Luke Gallows, Sitting in a Tree, D-A-T-I-N-G? - August 20, 2018