Another Pro Wrestler in Trouble for Anti-Mexico Comments

Posted by April 3, 2018 Comment

Another pro wrestler has found himself in the hot seat for making disparaging remarks about Mexico. This time, it’s indie darling Zack Sabre Jr., who made the comments during an in-character interview for NJPW.

“Suzuki-gun, we’re taking over,” Sabre said, according to a report from Pro Wrestling Sheet. “We’ll take over England. We’ll take over Japan. Take over America. Not Mexico … Mexico can fuck off!”

According to the report, Sabre’s comments made local news reports in Mexico.

Of course, Zack Sabre Jr., who hails from the U.K.,  isn’t the first notable pro wrestler to insult Mexico. The most prominent is WWE Hall-of-Famer and President of the United States, Donald Trump. President Trump previously said of the country, “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Trump later expressed a desire to build a wall at the Mexican border and force Mexico to pay for it. Unlike Zack Sabre Jr., the president did not have Taka Michinoku around to attempt to chill him out, though he does keep Linda McMahon on his cabinet as head of the Small Business Administration. At press time Zack Sabre Jr. had not taken any position on the North American Free Trade Agreement.

(Last Updated April 3, 2018 5:36 pm )

About Jude Terror

Former siterunner of TheOuthousers.com during its golden age, scourge of Rich Johnstons, and hardcore X-men aficionado Jude Terror now delivers his post-modern take on entertainment "journalism" EXCLUSIVELY to the readers of Bleeding Cool, whether they like it or not.*

* Usually, they don't.

View All Posts


Send this to a friend