Another pro wrestler has found himself in the hot seat for making disparaging remarks about Mexico. This time, it’s indie darling Zack Sabre Jr., who made the comments during an in-character interview for NJPW.
“Suzuki-gun, we’re taking over,” Sabre said, according to a report from Pro Wrestling Sheet. “We’ll take over England. We’ll take over Japan. Take over America. Not Mexico … Mexico can fuck off!”
According to the report, Sabre’s comments made local news reports in Mexico.
Of course, Zack Sabre Jr., who hails from the U.K., isn’t the first notable pro wrestler to insult Mexico. The most prominent is WWE Hall-of-Famer and President of the United States, Donald Trump. President Trump previously said of the country, “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
Trump later expressed a desire to build a wall at the Mexican border and force Mexico to pay for it. Unlike Zack Sabre Jr., the president did not have Taka Michinoku around to attempt to chill him out, though he does keep Linda McMahon on his cabinet as head of the Small Business Administration. At press time Zack Sabre Jr. had not taken any position on the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- X-ual Healing: Sabretooth Reveals His Softer Side in Weapon X #16 - April 22, 2018
- Are X-Men’s Kitty Pryde and Colossus Not Planning a Jewish Wedding? - April 22, 2018
- X-ual Healing: A Trip Down Memory Lane with a Detour on Flashback Blvd in Cable #156 - April 22, 2018
- X-ual Healing: X-Men Gold Finally Hits Its Stride in X-Men Gold #26 - April 21, 2018
- Those Nerds at Archaia Want You to Spend Your Summer Reading Graphic Novels - April 21, 2018