Another pro wrestler has found himself in the hot seat for making disparaging remarks about Mexico. This time, it’s indie darling Zack Sabre Jr., who made the comments during an in-character interview for NJPW.
“Suzuki-gun, we’re taking over,” Sabre said, according to a report from Pro Wrestling Sheet. “We’ll take over England. We’ll take over Japan. Take over America. Not Mexico … Mexico can fuck off!”
According to the report, Sabre’s comments made local news reports in Mexico.
Of course, Zack Sabre Jr., who hails from the U.K., isn’t the first notable pro wrestler to insult Mexico. The most prominent is WWE Hall-of-Famer and President of the United States, Donald Trump. President Trump previously said of the country, “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
Trump later expressed a desire to build a wall at the Mexican border and force Mexico to pay for it. Unlike Zack Sabre Jr., the president did not have Taka Michinoku around to attempt to chill him out, though he does keep Linda McMahon on his cabinet as head of the Small Business Administration. At press time Zack Sabre Jr. had not taken any position on the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- Chelsea Cain Responds to Chuck Wendig’s Marvel Firing With One Word: Union - October 13, 2018
- Traitor! The Beast Sells Out in Astonishing X-Men #16 - October 12, 2018
- Curt Pires and Antonio Fuso Blend James Bond and The X-Files in Wyrd - October 12, 2018
- Dark Horse Goes Fishing For Dollars With Troy Nixey’s Trout Collection - October 12, 2018
- U.S. Senators Call on WWE to Reconsider Saudi Arabia Crown Jewel Event After Journalist’s Murder - October 12, 2018