BOOM! Studios announced a new comic book today, and despite how the name sounds, it isn’t a church-themed porno book. Bone Parish, by Cullen Bunn and artists Şerif Karasu and Mustafa Karasu, is actually a horror comic whose premise is as follows:
A new drug is sweeping through the streets of New Orleans—one made from the ashes of the dead. Wars are being fought over who will control the supply, while the demand only rises. While the warring factions collide, users begin to experience terrifying visions of the dead coming back to life—through them.
So get your mind out of the gutter!
“Bone Parish is a supernatural crime story, the story of a tenacious family that is determined to carve out their own empire despite overwhelming odds,” said Bunn in the press release. “The challenges they face originate both in this world and the next. They face pressure from rival criminal organizations that are much more powerful than they are. They must contend with internal strife as obsession and ambition tear away at them from within. And they face horrific threats from the restless spirits they stir as part of their sinister business dealings.”
“We are immensely excited and honored to be a part of developing this unpredictable, exceptional story alongside Cullen Bunn and BOOM! Studios,” said Mustafa and Serif Karasu, who apparently speak in unison, sort of like Tomax and Xamot from GI Joe. “We know this dynamic story will captivate and amaze fans the same way it has for us!”
Someone then twisted Mustafa Karasu’s arm, causing Serif Karasu to cry out in pain.
Bone Parish #1 hits stores in July and features a cover by Lee Garbett and a variant cover by Rod Reis.
- Hickman and Kirkman Sitting in a Tree M-A-K-I-N-G Amazon Shows for East of West and Transhuman - April 19, 2018
- WWE Takes Out Restraining Order on Fan Armed with Own Poop - April 19, 2018
- Starburns Industries Announces Plan to Rule Comics with SBI Press, Executive Editor Brendan Wright - April 19, 2018
- Impact Wrestling Star Scott Steiner Wonders Who Will Cut Grass if Trump Deports Mexicans - April 19, 2018
- Lion Forge Joins the CBLDF - April 19, 2018