Overwatch League, Dallas Fuel’s monumental tank woes have continued as recent signing Minseok ‘OGE’ Son has been suspended for account boosting.
Dallas Fuel has been a calamity of a team since the Overwatch League started. Many expected the outfit to be one of, if not the best non-all-Korean team when things kicked off, but that hasn’t been the case. Instead, the team is currently rocking a 5-14 record overall and only a 2-7 record for Stage 2 which concludes this week. The team have struggled to find synergy, and to add to that, a lot of chaos was added with the two suspensions of main tank Félix “xQc” Lengyel. However, the team let xQc go, and seemingly was on the way to righting itself with the acquisition of new tank OGE. Many hoped it would all come together in Stage 3 with his arrival.
Well, the team can’t catch a break it seems. It’s been announced that xQc’s replacement has been suspended for 4 games on the grounds of account boosting. In a statement, Blizzard said that the scheme took place in summer 2017. They added:
Account boosting, wherein an individual is paid to increase another user’s Skill Rating, is contrary to the values of the Overwatch League, and violates the Blizzard End User License Agreement.
Account boosting has had a big profile in some of the suspensions around professional play in Overwatch, and in the grand scheme of things a 4 game suspension is on the more lenient side. That all being said, it seems that Dallas is finally stabilising even without OGE. Last night, Fuel took on what many would call the best team in the league in New York Excelsior and pushed them to an overtime 2-3 finish. Despite the loss, they looked much, much better. Hopefully, after this latest suspension, this team can finally pull itself together and really become the team many suspected they’d be at the start of the season.
- Twitch Will Be Doing New Things to Enhance Overwatch League's Viewing Experience
- Blizzard Brings Back the Overwatch World Cup for 2018
- Overwatch Adding an "Avoid as Teammate" Option to Social Options
- Overwatch League's Code of Conduct is Leaked to Public
- No Man’s Sky NEXT Update Gets a Brand-New Trailer - July 17, 2018
- Crackdown 3 Won’t Be Delayed Again Says Report - July 17, 2018
- Nolan North Takes Over Role of Cayde-6 From Nathan Fillion in Destiny 2: Forsaken - July 17, 2018
- ‘Pokémon: Let’s Go’ Games Get a New Trailer Showing off Gyms, Traversal, and Pokémon Haircuts - July 13, 2018
- Remnant: From the Ashes is the New Co-Op Shooter From the Darksiders 3 Developer - July 13, 2018