So if Fortnite wasn’t already making enough news this week for various reasons, the game’s mobile app just made its way into notoriety by being one of the fastest apps to conquer several #1 downloaded app placements in the iTunes store. According to Sensor Tower, the mobile app has claimed the top spot in 13 different countries, including the United States, Great Brittain, Germany, and South Korea. And that’s not the #1 Games spot either, that is the top app overall.
— Sensor Tower (@SensorTower) March 16, 2018
While it serves as an impressive feat, it doesn’t beat the current reigning, defending, undisputed champion in Pokémon GO, who at launch were on top in 21 countries and a close second in about a dozen others. This gives hope to the outpouring of download that the Android version is bound to have, whenever Epic Games decides to tell everyone when that version will be coming out. So far, Fortnite‘s mobile servers seem to be handling the new influx of traffic well, which is also a promising sign that the game is prepared to take on a lot more people that what its currently holding.
- Epic Games Giving Away Paragon Assets for Free
- PUBG's Mobile Port Spreads to the West as Beta Rolls Out to Canada
- Epic Games Announces Major Plans for Fortnite at E3 2018
- A Complete List of Fortnite's 3.3 Patch Updates
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Leads BAFTA Game's Nominations
- Drake and Streamer Ninja Break Twitch World Record by Playing Fortnite Together