FDG Entertainment is thanking Nintendo and all of the Switch owners who purchased Blossom Tales in a very public way today, as the company announced on Twitter that the sales from the Switch saved their company. According to their post below, the Nintendo Switch sales achieves more in three months than the game ever did on Steam.
#NintendoSwitch community is a blessing! #BlossomTales is now a turnaround story: Humble indie dev @castlepixel can stay in business and continue making games. Love y’all! 3 months #Switch revenues surpass #Steam lifetime revenues 20 times! pic.twitter.com/GxO88Zor12
— FDG Entertainment (@FDG_Games) March 16, 2018
According to an interview with GameInformer, if it wasn’t for a meeting with a Nintendo rep at PAX West, the entire ordeal could have gone south as the company were focused on their next game but weren’t seeing a lot of funds come their way via Steam. Once Nintendo got involved, the company shifted their attention to porting it to the Switch, which was a wise decision that ultimately saved their company so they could move into working on their next game. No official word as to what that game will be, but this is one of those indie developer stories that just makes you feel good inside.
- Nintendo Teases a New Nindies Showcase Livestream
- NIS America Releases a New Trailer for Penny-Punching Princess
- Super Bomberman R Appears to be Coming to Xbox One and Playstation 4 in June
- Thimbleweed Park WIll See a Physical Release on PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Like 2D Zelda Games? Then You Might Enjoy Blossom Tales
- THQ Nordic Announces Its Full Gamescom 2018 Lineup - July 19, 2018
- Bandai Namco Launches a New Website to Prepare for Ace Combat 7 - July 19, 2018
- Xaviant Games is Pulling The Culling 2 from All Consoles - July 19, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Shows Off the Original Spidey Costume - July 19, 2018
- Sony is Recruiting Beta Testers for the PS4 6.0 System Software Update - July 19, 2018