It’s no secret that there’s a brand-new Pokémon game on the way for the Nintendo Switch, but everything else you could possibly want to know about the game is shrouded in mystery. As well it should be, since we’re all hoping it will be a proper Pokémon game. However, a new job listing went up on Glassdoor that may shed some light on what we may be looking at. The job is for a Video Game Editor with a two-year contract, specifically set to be editing material such as “game text, strategy guides and manuals, press releases and marketing materials, and more,” according to the listing.
The shorthand version of this info is that they’re looking for someone who can handle all of the written assets prior to, during, and after launch. The two-year contract is most likely covering the company’s bases for any DLC that may happen after it gets released, which if the person was hired today, would cover this new game through March 2020. Depending on how you look at this, it means we’re probably going to see the game during the 2018 holiday season or maybe sometime in the Spring of 2019. We highly encourage anyone who is qualified to apply for the job, because it sounds like a pretty sweet gig just to be an editor for a new game.
- The Entire Myst Catalog is Getting a Re-Release
- Pokémon Cafe Opens in Japan, Because of Course It Needed to Happen
- Niantic Teases New Pokémon GO Event If Players Meet Goal
- Happy Pokémon Day from the Bleeding Cool Games Chatter Crew
- FireRed and LeafGreen Trainer Outfits Added to Pokémon GO
- The Pokemon Company Announces Pokemon Day Tomorrow
- Microsoft Rolls Out The New Xbox Updates for April - April 25, 2018
- Pathfinder’s Playtest Pre-Orders Will Be Closing on May 1st - April 25, 2018
- Twitch Reveals Its Free Games with Prime for May 2018 - April 25, 2018
- Microsoft Teams With Discord, But Doesn’t Include Audio Service - April 25, 2018
- Splatoon 2 Received a Major Content Update Overnight - April 25, 2018