Overwatch League Stage 1 Champions London Spitfire have parted ways with their head coach in the middle of Stage 2.
London Spitfire is one of the best teams in the Overwatch League. Of that, there is no doubt. While there is an argument to be had about if they are ‘the best’, what can’t be argued is that they are Stage 1 champions making them the team to beat. Because of that, the assumption was everything was going swimmingly for the team.
Well, the team has just seen a big shakeup mid-stage raising several questions as the team’s Head Coach Lee “Bishop” Beom-Joon has parted ways with the team suddenly. In a statement, London Spitfire didn’t reveal the reasoning of the departure but celebrated his contribution to the team saying:
Bishop was instrumental in the formation of the Spitfire line-up, finding two of the world’s best Overwatch rosters, GC Busan and KongDoo Panthera, and fusing them into a single unit which was crowned Overwatch League Stage 1 champions.
We would like to thank Bishop for his contribution to London Spitfire and wish him all the best with his future endeavors. Our new coaching structure will be announced in due course.
Bishop took to Twitter to confirm the departure, saying that all parties agreed to it.
— Bishop (@BishopOW) March 7, 2018
This all does seem incredibly sudden for a team that is flying high with one of the deepest and most talented rosters in the league. For it to come mid-stage as well, which will undoubtedly have some kind of effect on the team, suggests there is a good reason for the departure. Until that is revealed out though, we will just be left with our own speculation. Hopefully, the team will remain on track with its great form though.
- Brigitte Will Be Added to Overwatch on March 20th
- Four Players Facing Diciplinary Action in Overwatch League
- Dragon Ball FighterZ is Coming to Nintendo Switch This September - June 21, 2018
- Gears 5 Won’t go Back to ‘Gears of War 5’ Title - June 21, 2018
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Coming To Xbox One Next Month - June 21, 2018
- Quake Champions Extends its Free-to-Play Period Another Week - June 19, 2018
- Epic Games Removing Exploit that Allowed Players to Unintentionally Create a Swastika - June 19, 2018