In a really cool but oddball move that we can’t explain, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will be making its way over to the Nintendo Switch after an official announcement on today’s Nintendo Direct video. We have the video for you below as well as Nintendo’s official descriptor of the game they sent out after the presentation, but the short version is you’re getting the same game with bonus levels on the Switch version, which includes a trip to Super Mario Odyssey. The 3DS version will have its own additions to the lower screen to make the game a little more interesting as well, as both versions will be released on July 13th. The game was originally released on the WiiU back in late 2014, so not a lot of work needed to be done to port the game over since it was relatively new. But ti will be interesting to see if people re-purchase what is essentially a repackaged title.
The new version includes new miniature courses based on various Kingdoms in the Super Mario Odyssey game. Also, anyone can play with a friend or family member by sharing a pair of Joy-Con controllers. While one player controls Captain Toad, the other can assist with things like turnip cover fire. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker launches for Nintendo Switch on July 13. A Nintendo 3DS version of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, which includes stereoscopic 3D visuals and touch-screen controls.
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Gets a Nintendo Switch Overview Trailer
- Nintendo Releases a New Trailer for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker on Switch
- Super Mario Odyssey Gets Two New Outfits, One as a Throwback
- OPUS: Rocket of Whispers Gets a Release Date for Nintendo Switch
- Several Remakes Coming to the 3DS This Year from Nintendo
- Splatoon 2 Gets New DLC in the Octo Expansion This Summer
- Okami HD is Headed to the Nintendo Switch
- Super Smash Bros. Announced for Nintendo Switch, and It's Coming This Year
- Layers of Fear Developer Bloober Team's Next Title Gets Teaser and Code Name