You know it was coming, but Sony made it official today as they showed off the new PS4 Pro God Of War edition that will be released on April 20th as part of the Limited Edition God of War PS4 Pro Bundle. It’s going to run you $400 because it’s still a PS4 Pro with God Of War inside, you can read the full post on the PlayStation Blog, but here’s a snippet from the piece where they get a quote from Shannon Studstill of the Santa Monica studio about the design.
“When we designed Kratos’ new Leviathan Axe, we knew it would have far more meaning not only to the game, but to our fans. Santa Monica Studio was extremely proud to adorn the custom PS4 Pro with the Leviathan Axe in such detailed fashion. We spent a painstaking amount of time to ensure this PS4 Pro was special, for the special fans who will cherish it.
The top surface is the Axe skill tree you’ll use in-game to upgrade your axe, along with the runic gem slots on the handle that enable unique special attacks. The side panels are trimmed with a beautiful Norse design, and the runes each represent a realm in the game. The Leviathan Gray DualShock 4 wireless controller has the Huldra Brothers brand on it (just like the Axe), and a very subtle God of War logo on the touchpad.
I enjoyed every bit of the design process with Cory and the team, because we were united in our vision of what we wanted the custom PS4 Pro to embody. The game looks absolutely stunning on PS4 Pro and we can’t wait to share a new beginning for God of War when it launches on April 20.”
- God of War's File Size Will Have You Clearing PS4 Space
- Horizon Zero Dawn Surpasses 7.6 Million Copies Sold
- Legends of Tomorrow: An Original Team Member Returns for the Season Finale
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3, Episode 10 Recap: Daddy Darhkest
- Sony Projected a Massive God of War Trailer on the Court at an Oakland Game Last Night
- Gaming Icons Light The Way With The Latest Set Of Pixel Pals
- Cooler Will Join Dragon Ball FighterZ at the End of September - August 19, 2018
- Rainbow Six Siege Fully Reveals Two New Operators: Clash and Maverick - August 19, 2018
- Blizzard’s Schedule for Gamescom 2018 Has Been Revealed - August 19, 2018
- Music Engine is Returning With Another Suikoden II Concert Series - August 19, 2018
- Anna Williams and Lei Wulong Receive Release Dates for Tekken 7 - August 19, 2018