According to a report on GamesIndustry.biz, one of the Senior Producers on Horizon: Zero Dawn is moving to Ubisoft’s Toronto studio to head up development on a new, unannounced title. The producer in question is Samrat Sharma, who was part of Guerrilla Games’ Horizon team, and held positions at Microsoft, Electronic Arts, and Ubisoft prior to his work at Guerrilla Games.
As GamesIndustry.biz reports:
“I am excited to join the team at Ubisoft Toronto who are working on some very interesting games, and offer me a chance to continue my focus on leading teams and plan franchise businesses,” he said. “I will miss Guerrilla and the amazingly talented people in the studio, and I wish them all the best for their next projects.”
While Sharma’s new position at Ubisoft will have the same title (he is remaining a Senior Producer), we don’t know much about the project he will be working on as it currently has not been announced. His comments do indicate it might be a franchise game, or the base for a new franchise, but what property exactly is still a mystery. However, he seems very excited to be returning to Ubisoft.
Ubisoft Toronto’s development credits include For Honor, Watch Dogs 2, Far Cry Primal, and Far Cry 5.
- Guerrilla Games Appears to Be Working on a New RPG
- The Latest Far Cry 5 Trailer Wants to Tug at Your Heartstrings
- Far Cry 5 Gets a New Live-Action Trailer from Ubisoft
- Ubisoft Adds Far Cry Arcade Into Far Cry 5
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018
- In Case You Missed it: Here’s Every Announcement from The Game Awards - December 7, 2018
- Midwinter Entertainment Reveals Co-op Shooter Scavengers - December 7, 2018