Just in time for July’s Ant-Man and the Wasp movie, Marvel is prepping an Ant-Man and the Wasp comic book for release in June. From the creative team of Mark Waid, Javier Garron, and colorist Israel Silva, the six-issue mini-series sees Nadia Pym set out to rescue Scott Lang after he gets lost in the microverse.
The news was revealed in an EXCLUSSSIVE interview with Newsarama, where Waid reveals an affinity for research: “Trust me, my browser history and desktop are filled with research. I could spend days and days just researching.” Hopefully that research doesn’t lead him back to Twitter, where criticism threatens to destroy his creativity and that of all comics.
Meanwhile, Marvel Young Gun Garron drops a hint that should be music to the ears of readers tired of the overuse of decompression: “The pace and tone of the story is crazy fast and crazy fun, so by the end of Ant-Man & The Wasp #1 has already happened a lot of stuff. You could even say there are two full adventures in the first issue, which I feel as a reader like a treat. I fear to give away too much. But let’s say there are light speed chases, a whole new species already in danger, an experiment gone wrong and quite a lot of arguing! I was able to use from very classic page layouts to really wild compositions, a lot of face expressions and I had my first experience drawing fireworks. Was that too vague?”
Look for the first issue of Ant-Man and the Wasp to hit stores on June 6, and read more in the interview here.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018