Okay, so it looks as if Ramon Perez is just on the Gates of Valhalla prelude one-shot…
But as predicted, Marvel Comics is launching a new Thor series in June, starring Thor Odinson.
The artifacts of Asgard have been scattered across the Earth, and to reclaim them, Thor will have to face some ugly truths…Like the production cost of hundreds of new hammers! And he’ll need every last one of them if he’s going to stop the unstoppable when none other than the Juggernaut joins the fray.
It doesn’t look like Mjolnir, does it?
Emerging from his landmark run on MIGHTY THOR, Jason Aaron is ready for this fresh take: “On the one hand, I still feel like I’m writing the same Thor story that began six years ago in the pages of THOR GOD OF THUNDER #1. But at the same time, GOD OF THUNDER had a very different look and feel and focus than Jane Foster’s story,” he explains. “And even though Thor Odinson is now reclaiming his mantle, this new volume will also be going in a very different direction. Thor has a completely new status-quo. Actually the entire landscape of his corner of the Marvel Universe has been changed in the wake of the ‘Death of the Mighty Thor’ arc in MIGHTY THOR. But there’s still a War of the Realms raging, and Thor isn’t looking to stand on the sidelines.”
The writer continues, “The thing I’m most excited about though is getting to work with Mike Del Mundo again. I loved the beautiful craziness he brought to the page when we did WEIRDWORLD together, and things are even wilder and more beautiful here. There just aren’t many artists in comics today whose work I love and admire more than Mike’s, so I feel incredibly fortunate to be launching this new direction for Thor with Mike by my side.”
Thor #1 is out on June 13th.
- Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto Relaunch Daredevil #1 in February - November 15, 2018
- Second Printings For Uncanny X-Men, Avengers, Daredevil, Venom, Spider-Geddon, Wolverine, Fantastic Four - November 15, 2018
- The Works Of William Hogarth on the Walls Of Blacks Club in London - November 15, 2018
- Will There Even Be an Uncanny X-Men Comic After #11? - November 15, 2018
- 11 Revealed DC Comics Covers for December by Jenny Frison, Adam Hughes, Stjepan Šejić and More - November 15, 2018